View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 05:19 PM

Vehicle: D24 in a 924

Yeah, I have a spare set of injector lines and two extra pumps I take along with the usual wheel bearings and other car-specific things.

The fuel injector leak-off lines made a huge mess under the hood, but an hour of racing with the leaking fuel cap had put a bunch of fuel in the unibody frame rail on the right side, so it was everywhere... in the passenger compartment, dripping on the floor, generally looking terrifying, etc.

The next race for this beastie is at the end of February in my neck of the woods here in Arizona.

I washed out the engine and radiator today, other than a new leak in the likely 36 year old radiator hose no drama. Some more platform-related stuff this weekend and I will call it race-ready barring the hoses and valve-cover gaskets and the like.

I haven't really fired it up since the mad thrash at the last race looking for axle stubs and wheel bearing parts, so I was pleasantly surprised today when it turned out the rings seated nicely and it no longer spews gases out of the breather. The engine fired up from it's cold-soaked state at 40-50 degrees F with little drama (two attempts, glow plugs for a 10 count each attempt) and no throttle.