View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 AM

Vehicle: 740/745 D24T will be mine again soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
What is the Sachs part number for the friction disc? I haven't been able to find one from any of the suppliers I have tried.... I used to be able to get the complete Sachs kit, part # 271265, but can't get it anymore.

About your findings performing your power-brake test -- did you have someone watching both rear wheels? Volvos use a very heavy brake bias towards the front and a dual-circuit hydraulic system where each rear break is on a separate circuit, which depending on the condition of everything can lead to a little more application force on one wheel than on the other -- plus you have the open differential which, in my cars at least, always seems to have a noticeable bias towards the right side rear wheel. I wonder if the scraping sound you heard was one rear wheel still spinning?
See my reference to the AutohausAZ kit above. I don't know what the separate part number for the disk is yet.

Then, about the clutch test. I did not have anyone watching both rear wheels and I didn't push the brake pedal REAL hard so it may just have been that I wasn't putting enough pressure on the pedal to fully stop the rear axle from turning. Your description sounds like that's what was happening. When I drove my 30 mile test it all seemed fine but I'll do a more thorough test drive this weekend.
1985 Volvo 745 Wagon 2.4TD (sold but still maintain it)
1987 VW Quantum Syncro 2.2 (converting to 2.0TD)
1996 TDI Passat
1997 Chevy 3/4 ton 6.5TD
2006 V10 TDI Touareg

Last edited by Nevadan; 05-03-2013 at 01:16 PM.