View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default BW55 rarity

Hi,
I have a bw55 tranny lying around and i have the piping that goes with it. A few years back I acquired two nonturbo motors for hobby and learning purposes and one came with the (unknown cond) 3 speed tranny.
I dont think it was the tranny that stopped the car and took it off the road, but it was rather the ford 306 that went in. The entire d24 bw55 combo was out the driveway same month to be recycled and I offered some money and a 12pack of Pabst for it that became 3x12.
Long story.

He bought the car in CT from a diesel lover but (due to no diesel skills And no real d24 tools) they couldnt even get it to start for weeks so another rare&nice looking d24 244 rare blue sedan was due to "die" that death.
I took it.
I got it reclocked, timed, belts, plugs, fluids, valves, injectors etc and the engine ran soon after (vid below) and the bw55 survived as well.
I currently have no plans (and/or time) for it.
Obviously I took it off and stored it all (because I worked on reviving the engine) but good news I kept the bellhousing and all bolts etc hardware too. I dont recall getting the tranny crossmember though.
Crazy to ship these things though.
First, I have to ask a dieseler friend with a bw55 car to confirm whether or not He wants the unit to be his future spare; but if not then I can maybe work it out with you if you take the above mentioned bw55 route for your brick. Would ship from zip 07208.

Nice projects.
You gonna have rare cars!!!

And I have a 2nd bellhousing attached to the other nonturbo d24 that I have for occasional tinkering.

Last edited by RedArrow; 12-10-2019 at 08:03 PM.