View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:36 PM

Vehicle: Volvo 965

Actually, there is nothing on the front of the intake manifold. It is a TIC car, not just T...anyways, I traced an air-line from intake manifold to a sensor on the left (from the inside) quarter-panel, near the ABS-module...from there boost goes to the pump's LDA, unless overboost detected - that's when it cuts the fuel off, etc...

Anyway, got that sorted out for now. In the meantime, I blew the M46 (it was really past repair when I got it, and it took 2 years to kill it completely) so I put on an M47 that I had lying around...

Does anyone know how could I calibrate the tacho? It was dead, so I replacet the circuitboard, but now it's showing idle around 1100rpm, I can hear "spool" that was previously when the old tacho worked, around 2500rpm, and now it's showing 4000prm and the needle goes out of scale at full throttle, and AFAIK, it can not rev over 5000 with the stock governor that is in the pump, which is the case.

I've found the variable resistor screw used for fine-tuning the tacho, but I just can not set it "by ear"...maybe someone knows to what resistance should it be set on a diesel?