View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Supporting Member

Crossposted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
I planned to take entire engine with wires and bits, rad, shroud and some mounts, ac system bc it holds charge, tranny and piping from zf,
Td instr cluster idk what else???
GP relay/wiring?
Battery tray/cables?

Quote:
What about xm.
If you have space. Might be easier anyway to pull engine/trans together.

Quote:
idk if i should keep the tubes of the front mcphearson. The strut tube i mean. Is it any special for the d24t? Or gassers used it too as same unit?
Front springs different but otherwise IDK.

Quote:
What about rear diff ...again.....? Advice needed.
For the gear ratios idk if i should keep it. Is it a 3.54? Idk.
Think so.

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion im typing on low battery and placed a spraycan of brake cleaner for the PA bears next to my pillow between the seats. Yes im in car for the night. Chilling in the flat wagon trunk. Lol.
Cool!

Quote:
What about the d24 factory swaybars. Keepers? Are they d24t specific? Prob isnt worth keeping.
What about the driver seat height lifter in the bottom unit. Would it transfer to a pass seat? Ive done that in my d24 240.
IDK, IDK.

Quote:
What about the shaft is it dieselspecific too? Id say it is a def yes. From tranny to differential is it d24t or d24 specific? Or gassers yave the same? I guess NO.
I think the front flange is different, overall length probably different.

Quote:
Zf linkage is not diesel specific, right? Prob all zf trannies share same linkage parts.idk. im keeping those. I mean Under the shifter itself below the car. I keep the rods too, obviously. And pipes.
Indicator is different.

Quote:
Btw how long can a zf roll 'safely wout trouble" if towed on rearwheels which idk. In time. Or in miles.
If known bad, i wont keep the zf then... unless i should bc it is D specific(?).
IDK

Quote:
Im 200miles out in mtns and gotta be something again. This POS gtd injector set im npt lucky with. Another one gave up on my trip and staryed knocking rattling. This is the third of six within lessthan few thousand miles. Idk why im so unlucky with it. Will throw them out
Can you tell us where are they from? So we won't repeat your mistake.