View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 01:01 AM

Vehicle: 760 Td Tic & 850 Tdi & v70 D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Car looks very nice and sounds like you have already done some great work to it.

I like your approach of getting all the maintenance and safety tasks up to date first, then thinking about upgrades second. Much nicer to improve the performance of a car that you know is in good enough condition to endure the added power so that you can enjoy it without worrying. Definitely the right way to do it. Most people do it the opposite way unfortunately!

Do you know the age and mileage of the timing belts? That is one other thing you may want to refresh, unless you know they were already changed recently and correctly.
Yesterday I went to the Volvo garage where my grandfather did the maintenance and they told me the accesories belts have 4 years and the pump belt has 9 years but looks in good condition. Only 60.000km but near to 10 years... maybe next year I'll must change all belts.

After the volvo garage visit I did a test drive with a friend. I'm hapoy with results. It isn't like my 850 with t_5r coils and koni shocks but it runs well. Overdrive works fine with the new oil. Changes quickly.

After cleaning the admision and exhaust as is possible smokes 1/4 as before. Good results.