View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 08:21 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Are you looking for a viable condition one to keep a diesel in and drive/restore? Or a 240 with a diesel VIN to do a non-smog swap in and throw away the diesel? And how far do you want to go in terms of distance?

I have a 1980 265 diesel that runs but has a blown headgasket. I was going to drop a D24T into it and put it back on the road then probably try to find a home for it as a good runner/driver, but so far it's just sitting here. If you want it as a project, it would be cheap. Body and interior are not bad, miles are under 200k, no rust not even in floorboards where the 240s always fall apart. It's probably worth saving. See background info and a photo here. https://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=2197

If you are looking for a swap chassis then we could discuss it going away without engine and trans. I don't want to see the diesel engine turned in for scrap metal so just be honest about this, it's ok if you want to put a GM V8 in the car, we won't be offended, or at least not too bad.

It's in Montana but I do need to get down to LA area sometime this spring and could haul it down that far for you if you are seriously interested and wanted to pay the associated costs (trailer, additional fuel, etc).