View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: 245

Thank you!

My vacation is in a week, so enough time then to check things out. By then i will source the parts.

I just read the greenbook and it looks like a relatively simple job, only rotating the pump? (relative to camshaft and tdc)

I have to check out if there is a need for an adapter for the dial indicator. Do you know the size of the bolt that covers the hole for the indicator and the general length of the probe? I have many dial indicators but all for machining. Will have to check it out.

Dad worked on the car as much as he could. But the problem is that mechanics here are either incompetent or dishonest (steal parts and break cars on purpose) - funny thing, the breakdowns stopped when the visits to various mechanics stopped. We were told by absolutely everyone that the car is OK and that it should be that way (multiple bosch mechanics). And we changed 10s of mechanics and diesel shops! And it is true that most diesels here rattle and smoke a lot. Also, it is not cheap investment . About the valves - no he was told that there is no need to do it as well, i just asked him he laughed.

Do you think that they could have messed up the pump reseal and setting? How does the process of setting the pump at the bench look like?

What adjustments can i make to the pump without the test bench? And what to do with the fuel srew which i setup "by ear" so no guarantee?

Also, do you know the diameter of the valve shims?

Last edited by mrvos; 06-21-2020 at 03:46 PM.