View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 1989 760 gle turbo diesel

When I picked it up from the tow yard it started up fine as soon as I drove it out it just sputtered out as if it lost fueling. The car was recently in the shop and get got given a clean bill of health but then as soon as it was told it somehow lost its ability to start after that. It turns over, all the belts are in working order.

The car ran in the yard a drove it like 100 feet just till it got out of there yard and it died. It was running normal before it died. Just like always did.

The car cranks over strong, I have tried to bleed the fuel lines and would get fuel coming out but it isnt firing.

When it cranks theres bo s.oke outthe back. As if itdonest have full prime I'm thinking.

When the timing belt was done, I made sure the shop knew what to do and had the right tools. I read d24t.com before i took it to a shop.

I do believe there about a 1/4 to 1/2 a tank of diesel. All oil and coolent is okay no leaks or mixing.

My guess is while it was towed it leaped back into the tank and the pump lost Prime. From what I've read on the forms it's pretty hard to Prime this pump.