View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Supporting Member

What's the beat way to start? Start the car? Get the car started? I think that's what you mean? Work your way thru the hard starting sticky, linked above. [Later...] Changed my mind. Start at the Air in Fuel Section first. Copied below. I have removed what I think does not apply to your situation.

Ask us at any point if you get stuck or confusing results.

Here it is, edited Air in Fuel Section:

Air in Fuel Section

Hard starting-- air in the fuel system.

Fuel system needs 100% liquid supply. Air mixed in with liquid fuel will cause problems.

Performance problems or hard starting problems can often be traced to air intrusion into the Injection Pump.

We often ask to install a temporary section of clear tubing or hose to the IP return fuel hose. This will allow visual inspection of air bubbles (or not) in the IP return-to-tank fuel line.

We use evidence of air in the IP return to infer air intrusion into the IP, where there should be no air.

Test for fuel to injectors by loosening an injector to injector line sealing nut, crank engine with ignition on, and verify small spurts of fuel forced out of the end of the injector line. Just small drips of fuel out the end of the injector line, not foam. Take care to avoid getting fuel on any hoses, it will easily damage them. Do not overtighten the nut when reconnecting. Injector line connector nuts torque spec: 25Nm / 18ft-lbs.