View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 PM

i can gladly tell you more about the car! lol and yeah sorry im very long winded wen talking. my build plan keeps changing bit by bit as i learn more and budget more.

as for the car: the car was baught brand new by a guy from a dealer in columbus OH, i have ordersheet and all. maintained at that dealer for the next 90,000 miles (again have the paperwork) in 1996 is was baught by my fiances dad for $2300 where it lived the rest of its life untill 2004 going back and fourth to columbus every day. the guy went and got another car to drive, and let this one sit in his barn for the next few years, wen he gave it to me for getting it started. yes it runs just fine. it was at 166,000 wen i got it. its at 171 now. drove it all summer as a dd. from the time i got it to now its had a starting issue. it misses hard on #6 till its warm and takes alot of cranking. have been scarred of burning up the starter, but it has never failed to start. it needs a set of glow plugs on top of the bad injector. i have ran a few tests on it, know how to fix it and will be doing so soon.

as of right now i am in auto diesel collage, wyotech in PA, and am very much broke. so money has been taking awhile to get together. i apologize in advance for dragging this build out, but stay with me and i promise it will be worth it. i have a whole bunch of ideas for this kool little car.

been toying around with a compound turbo. think i can make it work, i have a welder and alot of exhaust tubing at my disposal. i relize there is not much of a benifit and most everyone who has set out to do it has been shot down or changed their minds. i just want to for the sheer kool factor.

$3400 later i think i can make it work. but as of right now its nothing more than a dream.
i have been looking for a turbo block just for the oil squirters, these motors are not the best cooling in the world, so every little but helps.

we will see what the future holds. like i said this will be over a long period of time. if you have any questions feel free to ask. i realize its a preaty odd idea and odd thing to want to spend money on vs single turbo considering the power you get from it. but its an ambition