D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Parts for sale

Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764
Default D24/T INA pilot bearing group buy

The OEM pilot bearing for manual shift D24 and D24T engines has been NLA from Volvo for a few years now, and as has been noted in the past the versions available from aftermarket sources are inferior, featuring a plastic roller cage and no grease seal. Pictures comparing the two versions are below.

OEM INA style with grease seal:

Aftermarket style (Kolb):

I am needing to source a new bearing for a guy's car I am working on due to a catastrophic failure of a previously-installed aftermarket style bearing -- one example of what can happen to them.

In an attempt to avoid using the aftermarket junk again, I began trying to find a way to acquire an OEM-style bearing for this engine. After some research I was able to determine that the correct OEM bearing is manufactured for Volvo by INA, and succeeded in securing a source for new bearings. The OEM bearing is INA # F-85706. I am able to source them for $10/ea (my cost not including tax and shipping), with a minimum order of two. There are 19 left in stock so I will probably buy a handful of them.

If anyone here is interested in also getting one of these bearings, send me a PM. I'll coordinate the buy and distributing bearings to those who are participating. Price per bearing will be $10, plus tax, plus a fraction of the shipping cost to get the bearing order to me, plus whatever shipping cost from my location (in Denver, CO) to you. I estimate total cost per bearing to be between $15 and $20 once all expenses are included.

I'd like to put in the order no later than the beginning of next week. Get 'em while they're hot.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 83 245 D24T

I had a oil impregnated brass bushing made up for mine, but this is for a gasser tranny on a diesel. Has worked for about 15 k miles. i'v had my tranny off twice over this crap. If I ever tear down my engine again I'm gonna have the crank opened up to accommodate something that is plentiful.

Last edited by verdigo; 05-04-2013 at 12:45 PM.