D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Parts for sale

Old 05-04-2013, 01:08 PM

Vehicle: 83 245 D24T
Default Why did my post get deleted?

I was just trying to help some folks with parts. Didn't realize I was stepping on someone's little cash kingdom. Believe me It would have been more trouble than it was worth. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Dennis
Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Supporting Member

Which post? I am one of the moderators. I just saw three of your recent posts, offering your shop & contact info for help obtaining parts, and for reaching out to help another member with changing a T-belt, which I thought was a great gesture.

Post #6
http://d24t.com/showthread.php?p=6868#post6868

Post #1
http://d24t.com/showthread.php?p=6880#post6880

Post #8
http://d24t.com/showthread.php?p=6878#post6878

Was there another one?

AFAIK, the only posts we delete are obvious spam posts, knock on wood.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdigo View Post
I was just trying to help some folks with parts. Didn't realize I was stepping on someone's little cash kingdom. Believe me It would have been more trouble than it was worth. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Dennis
Believe me, nobody makes any money off of operating this site....

It is done as a volunteer effort by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, not as any kind of business enterprise. It is kept up through member donations of their own money and time. We have only a few moderators and nobody has that much extra time to spend on it, certainly not enough time to edit what other people are saying for anyone's personal benefit. The only aim of moderation is to keep spam off the forum, and keep the discussions smooth and civilized when necessary. Fortunately there is virtually no need for moderation here since everyone gets along well. Moving threads when people request it and deleting occasional spammers is more or less the only thing we ever do. Now that we have changed the spam protections for member registration even that only happens a couple times a year. In any case you have been a member here since early on and we know you're not a spammer....

Furthermore, as ngoma said, offering knowledgeable help finding parts and providing mechanical service is very much appreciated here, since those are two things that are often a problem for owners of these cars. Nobody has any reason to discourage that -- quite the opposite; connecting members who can help each other out is more or less the primary goal of a forum like this.

The "Parts Suppliers" section, where I think you made the post you are talking about, is at the very bottom of the main forum page. Maybe you missed it somehow? Or maybe one of the other moderators moved it there to where the info would be easier to find? If there really is a post that has disappeared, please let one of us know since that may indicate a technical problem.

Thanks.

George