D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Body and Interior

Old 02-19-2010, 06:40 AM

Question rear wiper (940 estate)

Hi y'all, my rear wiper has stopped working for some reason, can anybody point me in the right direction? I have checked the main fuse but don't know if there might also be an inline fuse somewhere or is there any common fault with these as I would prefer not to start pulling trim of trying to find the problem? regards turbo d
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo d View Post
Hi y'all, my rear wiper has stopped working for some reason, can anybody point me in the right direction? I have checked the main fuse but don't know if there might also be an inline fuse somewhere or is there any common fault with these as I would prefer not to start pulling trim of trying to find the problem? regards turbo d
Found the problem, removed the tailgate trim and found the bolts holding the motor on had came loose and one of them had jammed against the revolving arm and stopped the motor going round. Once the bolts were retightened everything was back to normal. regards turbo d
Old 03-27-2010, 04:20 AM

That tends to be a common problem with Volvo wagons in general. Most people use loctite on the bolts. Also it seems that the means to hold the inside panel in place has to be fixed by various means.
Go to 700/900 FAQ on www.Brickboard.com for all kinds of help.

Steve