D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Body and Interior

Old 07-21-2018, 03:16 AM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default LED bulbs for indicator lights in dash lower panels.

Yes you are right. We both learned it the hard way.

Btw if the instrument cluster is removed and carefully cleaned very well then the oldschool bulbs work completely fine and they are visible enough, even daytime.. Back then I just wanted to have the 4main larger bulbs replaced with led bulbs... plus the glowplug feedback light to become more obvious. ....

The "temporary" engine harness has been fine btw...for about three years now. It looks ugly and messy but it works.

And the new battery (2y old now) is simply amazing. No issues whatsoever and cranking speed&power is amazing.
It is 1050 or 1100cca by the way.
Even in the coldest days like -20°C and also after many days of no-use the car starts without cranking. It simply roars to life in a second. Im very satisfied and happy about that. I know that this also shows that other main components are in good order too. D24s can be darn reliable for hundreds of thousands of miles and super low maintenance if kept in good internal shape.

Last edited by RedArrow; 07-21-2018 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:27 AM

hi
can i use LED lamps on the 2 courtesy lights. they are not on for long very often?
Old 06-21-2020, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

If you mean the dome lights then my answer is yes.
A few years back, I made a large (largest that fit) led panel setup and it lights up the entire interior pretty well. It is about 4 cm X 6-7-(8?) cm in size.
I recall that I had to rewire something because I took the unit from a 900 Volvo and it was different than the 700 lights but it wasnt complicated.