D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Help! My car died!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2015, 06:32 AM

Default I need help

Bought a 82 Volvo D24 non turbo that is in awesome cosmetic condition and almost completely oem under the hood a few months ago. The only problem with it at the time was the AC was not working. After a month of driving it in the hot Texas summer I couldn't take it and drove my other daily driver with AC. Toward the end of driving it, it would often idel rough and die when I came to a stop for longer than 5 seconds, which seemed worse the l emptier my fuel tank was.

Three months pass of it sitting in my driveway. I go to start it and tries to start and just wont turn over. I undo the fuel filter, which is half full! I fill it with diesel and screw it back on and unscrew the six injectors and crank it to try to prime the fuel system. I'm pretty sure its electric fuel injection so multiple cranks and pumping the accelerator until the battery dies, but still no diesel comes out of the injectors.

I had scoured the web to figure out the problem. Thinking it might be the in tank fuel pump failure, I got to it from the trunk. WRONG! There is no in tank pump. I recharged my battery and tried again, still nothing.

My question is...How should I be priming the fuel lines. Is it likely my fuel pump that's out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks