D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Performance and aftermarket
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Question Just a few ideas/questions *future* D24T build

Hey guys. just had a few things i wanted ask, if i ever get my car to start right i wanna build it up.

the idea is a volvo diesel 240 drift car. ive seen a few 760s but never a 240.
ive tracked down a 760 d24t manifold, a 12mm injector head, a few part numbers for a mls headgasket and studs also some for the injectors and nozzles incase i need them. *havnt gone and tried to order anything yet* found a t3/t4 internal wastegate turbo, some oil lines, need to look into where to feed oil from on the na motor. gonna pull the oil pan and put in a bung for the drain, found a world class t5, looking for a company to make the clutch plate (i disslike the m46 gearing. and overdrive) and a LSD for the rear. looked into a holley 8 lb lift pump, found a intercooler and piping kit, oil cooler and filter relocator, some lowering springs and shocks for the hell of it and some nice 17" wheels and tires. plan was: pull motor teardown and clean block and engine bay bolt as much as i can on ( and fix the broken off bolt on my thermostat housing..)outside the car then put it all back and start tuning it in.

that all sounds well and good. but would it even be worth using the d24 and converting the T onto it? or am i just gonna be better off swaping to something else.

i heard the 940 block has alot more power? is the true or BS? seems to me like its same bore same stroke and same pump?

what is the differnce between NA and turbo IP? other than the big piece on top that i thought was for variable boost control are they the same? or will i need t d24t IP to make any real power with it?

other than that what did i leave off that i need, and /or does it sound like it will work okay?

thanks for any help guys

Tags
build, d24, d24+t, d24t