D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Performance and aftermarket
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friman View Post
I think its fun that someone likes d24 this much, that he puts so much money in it.

Its keeping the D24 engine alive!!

For a while ago i called someone here in sweden that had a D24 machined to 2.8 litre, he claimed it was 1,9 pistons in it, brand new cylinder head, the best version with hydraulics lifters. The engine was not started, and he wanted 10 000SEK, very cheap.

Only the cylinder head with cam, lifters and valves costs about 11 000sek

Maybe sometime in the future, i will build me a engine, if i come over brand new crank and cylinder head, im searching like a maniac. H- profile RODS can be bought from Sten parner in sweden, wich pistons i will use im unsure about, but not original, those are crap, you know what i mean. As a turbo I would prefer a mitsubishi 19t with 3inch exhausthouse, in my eys this is one of the best turbos in the world, mitsubishi original turbos are outstanding when it comes to power and realibty, love it!
I think the manifold is good. But i dont understand the injection pump to well, so i would send it to DIESELMEKEN here in sweden. When it comes to the block i would O-ring it and use volvos original steel gasket 1.6mm made by elring, this is the best.

But the dream engine is 1HD-FT, the biggest 6cyl turbodiesel engine made for a car, not a truck.

Regards

Martin friman
A original turbo on a d24 is better than the 19t Why mount a smaller turbo????