D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 AM

Default New member from London, England

Hello all
I have a 1990 740 24T manual transmission (4 speed plus overdrive) estate (station wagon). I just sold a petrol auto 740 estate to buy this one and it may be a good car but bad glow plugs, mis-adjusted injection timing etc managed to disguise this...! This is only the third Volvo I have had in 36 years of driving and about 120 cars - I have recently had mainly Mercedes (123 series) but needs must since I got made redundant and am putting my kids through school etc...
I am slowly putting it right but need a couple of parts:
An annoying rattle made me investigate and find the that bracket that goes from the exhaust downpipe to the bellhousing bolts (I think) is missing some of its section - anyone got one please?
Also, the cold start valve is not doing anything, not moving hot or cold. - anyone got one?

And I need an O/S/F indicator and sidelight lens as mine is broken.

Also a towbar if it is cheap enough - I left a good towbar on the last car and thought that this one would definitely come with a towbar but it must be one of the only Volvo estates in the world to have had a towbar fitted and then removed, the wiring and flasher (turn signal) warning lamp are still there...

I can collect parts in London area, Suffolk or East Yorkshire or we can arrange by post?
Thank you
Simon
+44 (0)7896 921115 mobile
Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 AM

Hi Slim,

Welcome mate I have only been a member a couple of weeks as I own a VW LT truck which shares the same engine (As it a VW lump) but its a fantastic site and I am strangley becomeing more and more tempted to buy a turbo brick.

Incidentally I am a big Mercedes fan I have had two W123 estates both 230Te's but what great workhorses it funny cause the only other estate that come close in my mind in terms of solidity and build quality are the volvo's

If you look in the garage section I have some pics of my LT and some of the Mercs I either currently own or use to own BTW don't be fooled by the pics of the modded ones I have posted I have also had some beautiful original unmolested examples mainly of the W201 and W124 models which again I adore..

Good luck

Si
Old 01-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Owner/admin

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:45 PM

Yet another from my neck of the woods. Welcome mate !!

I was born in Wood Green N22, Grew up in Edmonton N9 /Bush Hill Park then moved to Hockley Essex. Way way back though. I even rode on London trams. That should tell you :-)

I have 2 745 wagons with D24T but I live in South Carolina and there are not many others around here.

Lots of good knowledge to be shared here in this forum so welcome again.

Steve