D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Member Showroom

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2014, 05:53 AM

Vehicle: Volvo 740 "A-Traktor" D24T converted from B230K -87
Default Volvo 760 84 V6 > D24Tdic converted

Hello d24t members!, today i will "show off" my friends 760.

a small story about the whole project.

started off with with a regular 740 -85 which would be "tax free"
(all cars that are older then 30 years in sweden are "tax free").
the 740 had a d24t engine (keep in mind this car was not an original d24 car) but the 740 was rusty and bad shape overall.

So my friend started looking for a 760 and found one in the northest part of sweden. where no salt is used on the roads in wintertime. So the car they found was a 760 -84 with green interior and roof "window" nothing special other then that, i had a V6 but it was removed when he bought it, he paid about 135$ for it. which is litterly nothing here in sweden since this kinds of projects are getting more and more popular.

Anyway so they bought the car and got it home to our hometown where the conversion started in end of september, so they just parked the 760 next to the old 740 with d24 and started to switch over all the stuff. Like pedals and trany since the 760 had a V6 with auto.

Also in the conversion a intercooler was added since it was only a "TD" when the engine was sitting in the 740, so a 3" intercooler and piping was fitted,
a bigger turbo aswell. and 3" exhaust system with no mufflers except a JAPS muffler at the end for a nice look.

And in mid november the conversion was done, registerd with new engine and a happy owner,

so here's some pictures after the first wash of the car after sitting about 1 year under a tree up in the deep woods in sweden.

all stuff like addon and US headlights was added later and was bought separatly. and the addon will be added till the summer.