D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Performance and aftermarket

Old 01-21-2011, 02:07 PM

Sean Watts at Hessian Imports (hessianimports@bellsouth.net) apparently keeps the Monark nozzles which fit our D24Ts in stock, and quoted me just $19.90 each with free shipping (if paid via check or MO). He seems to be a regular on Mercedes forums, and appears to be highly recommended. I plan to buy a set for both my Mercedes 190D and the 760. Anyone else have experience with him?

Jason- The Indian Bosch nozzles sound like an excellent deal, but I'm *dying* to experiment with these Monark nozzles after all the amazing reviews I've seen online of them.

//edit: Nozzles ordered. Now I need to beg/borrow/steal a pop tester.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Supporting Member

I got my Monark nozzles from Sean, he seemed very knowlegable and customer service oriented. Just retested them after about half a year, they still sprayed well, didn't leak or demonstrate any other bad behaviors, even after surviving a fire!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Owner/admin

At the time I didn't have the $100+ to blow on nozzles. I kinda wish I would have bought the good ones now. Then again, I have had great results with my cheapo ones, the spray pattern is still great and the engine is running aweseom, so I can't complain. It would be interesting to swap them out to see if there is a noticable differnce.

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM

I'd bet you could sell your newly rebuilt injectors with Bosch nozzles for more than it would cost to rebuild another set of junkyard injectors with Monarks. I'd be curious to hear if there's much difference. I found amazing reviews of the Monarks on VW and Mercedes forums, but most people were replacing old worn nozzles with them, not brand new Bosch ones so the comparison isn't very scientific.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Owner/admin

Same thing that I did, going from 175k original nozzles to new. Naturally there was improvement!

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:19 AM

Vehicle: 1991 940 TDic saloon, 1989 740 TD saloon.

Are these the Merc type injectors that everyone is on about? - Monark type heads.

http://www.hansautoparts.com/16TDMercedesInjector.htm

ps - how can you adjust the pop pressure on an injector and would the timing of the engine need to be advanced or retarded to componsate?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo-express View Post
Are these the Merc type injectors that everyone is on about? - Monark type heads.

http://www.hansautoparts.com/16TDMercedesInjector.htm

ps - how can you adjust the pop pressure on an injector and would the timing of the engine need to be advanced or retarded to componsate?
No, those are for Mercedes. The guy that operates that site is a known bad actor named Pete Rothenbacher who runs many sites under many different names (dieselvw.com, volkswaparts.com, hansautoparts.com, emiata.com, and a few others as well as an ebay store under the name "prothe"), all of them selling cheapo Chinese knock-off parts for VW diesels -- AKA, complete junk. His stuff has resulted in many VW diesels and TDI's biting the dust in both minor and major ways. You want to stay away from his stuff, no matter how good of a deal he seems to be offering.

Besides that, even if you are getting good quality parts, you do not want to put a Mercedes nozzle in your VW/D24T engine... they are designed for a different prechamber setup and will do serious damage if you match the wrong injector type with a VW prechamber. There is a reason there are different parts. If you want Monark nozzles, you should get the correct ones for the VW/Volvo application, meeting the Bosch DN 0 SD 293 equivalent spec.

All the info on the site you listed is wrong but somehow it gets repeated enough that people are starting to think it is right... Let me be completely clear so that nobody makes a mistake and damages their engine. The DN 0 SD 265 spec is for MERCEDES and must not be used in a VW engine for any reason!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Default Suspect parts!!!

V8Volvo - thanks for letting me know about the injectors, I was about to place an order for them!!
Im still keen on getting the new Monark injector tips/heads and maybe increasing the break point/pop of injector to get a finer spray pattern.
It would be great to get a link for a supplyer for the heads and instructions on how to increase the break/pop point of injector 155Bar>

Thanks again V8Volvo
Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 AM

Contact information for two reputable Monark nozzle distributors (MercedesSource and Sean Watts) are posted further back in this thread.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM

I have made contact with Sean - H.A.I and he is going to find trhe suitable Monark nozzles for the D24.
As soon as he gives me the information I will be ordering them and I will post part number for other to benifit.