D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 09-22-2012, 06:31 AM

Default Injection Pump Rebuild

My injection pump has 220,000 miles on it from what I am able to gather. The engine has about half that on a rebuild and it runs absolutely fantastic, no crazy smoke, no oil leaks (I'm not kidding) and no oil consumption- none!
The body and interior are pretty terrible so I'm actively searching for a clean wagon to drop everything into- I've discussed this on the site before and at this point it's just a matter of finding a good wagon.

My only mechanical concern is the injection pump. When I replaced the timing and injection belts, I noticed that the injection pump was really quite notchy, and I think I can hear a faint noise from it when the car is running. Isn't there a Viton seal rebuild kit available for these pumps? I can't find the information now. I'd like to rebuild the pump myself (or send it out to someone if they actually know what they're doing and it isn't too expensive)... is there a DIY guide online?

Visit my blog!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to kcfoxie

Hey!

I posted the last active thread in here with a similar question (tho my pump was 'rebuilt' and I think that's a large part of the issue; the car hasn't arrived to my house yet) ... you can follow the Cummins VE pump rebuild guides; but our pumps rotate in the opposite direction of the cummins pumps.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:47 AM

Vehicle: 85 745, 84Suburban 96Ram

read and understand this
http://www.scribd.com/doc/19099617/Bosch-Ve-Pumps
then open up google translate, select Russian to Yourlanguage, then paste this in the window http://dizelinfo.narod.ru/ve.html