D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2016, 07:27 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default 1.Leaky injection pump, 2.diesel purge

It is simply a bit wet in the Summers (no fuel drops at all)... BUT it leaks in Winters (this has to do with the cold weather, I`m sure... my Power Steering fluid does the same actually)
But, I know, the injection pump should NOT leak and should not even get wet, AT ALL.

It leaks (I think) at the top seal on the drivers side of the pump (left side of car). Maybe the seal can be done in-car.
IF pump comes off then I`d love to send it up to Maine! but my spare pumps are not turbo-diesel pumps (damn!). I don't think a td motor would run well with my d24 nonturbo pump (if that`s a good idea at all. idk)

Is there a `treatment fluid` that may help inj.pump seals swollen up enough to somewhat correct the leak??
I know that the real biodiesel (b99) is a great help. I just can`t get it anywhere nowdays. Is there something (fluid, additive, oil, etc) that may work as such?

Other.
I`m planning on a double can of LubroMolly diesel purge btw (have it on the shelf since last year when I decided to care for my injectors but I actually ran the car on a liter of ATF and it helped clear out some goo. Maybe.. I'm not sure. Maybe as much as an italian tune-up can do. LOL
This time I would remove the return fuel line and do the purge the right way (not just adding atf into fuel filter or run car from a jar).

I'm sure a diesel fuel filter is a very nice idea to remain in the system for the time of the purge. I think I want to do it with a filter still active.
My fresh Bosch filter has only a few 100 miles on it. Shall I get a new one and do it with that? Dirt particles can get released by lubromolly, coming from my slightly used filter and they perhaps *could* get into injectors or pump. Filter has low miles. IDK if that is a real threat though.

Thanks for the comments on both topics.

Tags
biodiesel, filter, injection pump, leak, leaking