D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 07-12-2018, 01:56 AM

Vehicle: Volvo 740 Estate D24t
Default Fuel line alignement?

Goodday,

After giving my car a brand new head I wanted to put my fuel lines back on, problem is the bracket has been taken of and I accidentally but my tool box on them (I know, stupid).

So now they are bent a bit so I can't see which line goes where?

Does anyone has pics from the 'rotor' so I can see what line goes to what injector?

Many thanks ahead!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD

Let me get home from DC to NY and I will do that for you. In 4hrs.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:28 PM

I have a set that i took off and completely apart for dirt& rust removal, if i can find the picture that i took, you'll be fine. I put them in order and took pictures but I have to find it first in my laptop. Easier to take a video and send new pictures over if necessary...stay in touch.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Default Delivery pipes

These pictures are from the d24t greenbook manual and there is my primitive drawing of the face of the injection pump.
The numbers indicate cylinders /injectors as #1 for the front of the engine and #6 as the rear (firewall). It probably helps to successfully reconnect your pipes. If you look at the 1 o'clock position, that pipe is exactly for Cyl #1 then clockwise it is for #5 then #3 #6 #2 #4, which lines up with the firing order of the d24, 1-5-3-6-2-4 when you look at the front part of the injection pump.
Notice that pipes of cyl #1,2,3,4 all line up in this same order, from bottom towards the top/up; where the first/front clamp holds them secure, this is to the left side of the vacuum pump. The longest pipe is the one that runs to injector #1 at front of car, and so on... The greenbook picture shows it pretty well too.

D24t forum should improve a bit...!!!!...because real quality pictures cant be attached. This must be fixed before all members "leave" )

I hope someone can show it on a video that is well made (not like mine) , probably a bench motor without the vacuum pump would give the best view on angles.
i think d24 nonturbo cars used slightly differently shaped pipes but I can't confirm that 100% now. Only 99%.

The previously mentioned "exploded view" of the hard fuel pipes was actually taken of my d24 nonturbo so I wont even look for it now (it is midnight here)...
And the spare motors both have the cyl head off so I could only take this video for you. From a d24T engine...See below:
https://youtu.be/fMng7YiA4Dc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-07-12-22-59-57.jpg (7.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-07-12-23-00-10.jpg (40.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by RedArrow; 07-12-2018 at 08:31 PM.