D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2014, 12:24 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: 760GLE D24T
Default GREETINGS from the glorious state of Washington, USA

Hello fellow diesel owners! I'm a new member, I've owned my new (relative term) 1984 760 GLE. D24T with 260,000 miles for about 4 weeks now. The car has been quite meticulously maintained aside from the interior. As it was sold to it's first owner, the purchaser selected every available trim package/tech package available for the car. Premium sound, a lot of GOOD looking factory chrome trim, the (ripoff?) "Ming" coating, basically an extra coat of clear coat, and a special undercarriage coating which has maintained the underside of the car at an astonishing level of efficiency. I have never seem a car in such flawless shape for its age and frequency of use. Dealership maintained for 2 out of 3 owners. The last owner serviced it to manual specification. He did a wonderful job.

I really hope to connect with many of you. My plans for this car...show it, be proud of it, and modify it tastefully and safely as to not compromise its value and reliability. For example, the infamous smoke stack exhaust. It will be a temporary setup for shows, in which I will be purchasing a ratty hood to cut in to so that I can maintain the class of having clean original parts. I also have trim and body kit ideas.

Please flood me with advise. I'm new to diesel in many ways, I'm mostly familiar with diesel engines in boats. I.e. Detroit diesels on my boat!

Skål, cheers.

Cole Bear.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:35 AM

welcome