D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 04-14-2018, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: 1983 Volvo 760 Turbo, D24 T, M46 manual
Default 1983 Volvo 760 D24 T

Hi, just joined this thread. I'm 17 and in January of this year I just picked up a 1983 Volvo 760 D24 T, M46 manual. I bought it mechanically unseen and it had been sitting outside for 10 years on the side of a road in an industrial area.

Here in New Zealand it's the only 760 diesel in the country, two other's being a 740 and a 940 which are both auto. The body has 174,000miles but it has a replacement engine that has under 100,000. It's a really healthy car and loves life. Starts turn of the key and doesn't smoke anymore - when I first drove it it smoked like a freight train but as it cleared it's throat it got peppier and it smoked less. It seems to run warm, the radiator was clogged 3/4 but that's all re-conditioned and installed in the car, however the temp gauge still goes up and reads 3/4. I don't know if it's a faulty temp sensor but will replace to eliminate that potential issue. Any thoughts?

Apart from that it has some rust here and there but it will be fixed and kept being driven around the country, a true road trip car. Hope you like it.