D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: VW LT35 Camper 2.4d
Default Mixed engine build

Hi all just recently bought a vw lt 35 camper with a D24 engine. Ive been servicing the engine over the last few days and noticed that the block is stamped DV ****** yet its an N/A set up. Ive checked with VW and the van left the factory with a DW stamped engine. Im just wondering if the timing belt and waterpump will fit as i bought them for a DW. Its also got a hydraulic tappet head. Which i dont think the DW's had. Just trying to make sure im putting the right stuff on before i do any more work. Thanks in advance
Old 11-06-2014, 11:08 AM

Hi Phil,

I just did some research on google, and found on e*** the following auction: 121459571001, which says, that both timing belts are identical.
I also searched for the water pump, and found offers which state that the pump will fit into both engines.
On the other hand I found no source claiming, that a part would fit into one engine, but not the other.
So, I'm quite sure, they will both fit into the DV and the DW.

But if I find the time, I'll have a look and VW itself and might be able to give you a 100% answer, by now for me it's "only" 95% sure that these parts are identical.

BR
Frank