D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Member Showroom > The Garage
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 PM

Default HV's 82 D24 turbo build

HV: I made this new thread for you since your original one was so clogged up with crap. I appologize for the clutter that I too was guilty of adding to in your original thread. Please continue to post updates in this new thread.

Jason

Starting off with a 82 245GL estate Diplomat edition.

260k miles,

I started on the manifold today, thankfully with the leaky valve cover-the mani-bolts were easy to remove.

I had to cut the rear flange-pipe with a torch since the bolts were not easily accessable... went ahead and chopped the front flange-bolts that attached the mani to the pipe since the torch was already lit

I started the transition by torching the flange off of the rear manifold about 1/2 inch from the beginning of the flange... and put the back mani in place of the front... upside down, and the front is in the back.. upside down. make sense?

And thats about as far as i could go today..

Should be interesting to see what im going to do for motor mounts... "I had to un-bolt the mounts to shift the engine over so the turbo will fit.. are there OEM mounts for the turbo edition that naturally shift the engine over? or does that require a whole new bell housing or crossmember? etc... O_o

pics tomorrow!