D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Cars for sale

Old 02-23-2015, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default BLUE SEDAN 244 1980 d24

Is it the car that was for sale (or sold?) on Ebay near Newark, DE area?

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/4902746283.html
Old 02-24-2015, 07:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Volvoist

Nope wasn't mine! The blue 264 was mine. I sold it about two weeks ago to Volvo 4 Life. I was thinking about snagging the one in VT, but don't have a lot of spare time these days. I have a 5 month old son, haha.

Newark/Bear, DE

Selling NEW and USED Volvo parts!

www.swedishbrickyard.com

Email: mike@swedishbrickyard.com
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 AM

Default 2nd link

Oh I thought it was yours. Congrats for both*,Mike. He`ll for sure be the next generation bricker, just make sure for many years you Let him chew on the front headrests,over-fill the front seat rear pockets with toys,play with switches, radio AND central lock 24/7, pick on the sagging headliner, climb on trunk lid using the bumpers,break off the antenna and destroy the rear leather seats. That`s partly how I think I became one. And more... LOL

Here`s the Eb@y link for anyone interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-240-24...US_Cars_Trucks
Old 02-24-2015, 04:28 PM

I'm the proud owner of mike's old 264 but that blue one in vermont looks beautiful, somebody on here needs to buy it. If I had more room/money I would hoard them haha.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:31 AM

Wink

I hope he likes the old Volvo's as much as I do. I already have two in my stash set aside for him; a '78 245 B21 and an '84 242DL B23.

Ben: Sure you want to start hoarding Volvo's (or cars)? You saw only part of my hoard when you picked up the 264...

Newark/Bear, DE

www.swedishbrickyard.com

Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 AM

Haha my dad's been hoarding them since I can remember. First car I ever rode in was a blue 245 on the way back from the hospital when I was born. 68' 122 was the first car I ever worked on and we've never had fewer than 4 volvos at the house lol. I'd say it's in my blood
Old 02-26-2015, 01:27 PM

Default Sold sold sold

The VT car has been sold. I do hope it`s one of us forumers who got it. (That`s why I posted the link here!lol)
Seller emailed me the news yesterday.

Last edited by RedArrow; 02-26-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Pict added
Old 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM

I guess that explains why I never heard back from the seller. I ended up emailing them. Kind of glad that it sold... I really don't *need* another...

Newark/Bear, DE

www.swedishbrickyard.com

Old 03-12-2015, 12:00 PM

Well since you guys are wondering. I am the proud new owner of the 1980 264 that was up in Vermont. Funny story which Volvoist already knows some of and rest is for Volvo4life. It is the exact identical twin to your new 264 (volvo4life). I owned that car for close to 15 years but sold it sadly because the body had gotten a bit to far beyond my control. Not to gloat but this car is flawless body wise except for a replacement front fender. When I saw the car for sale I had to have it. If it makes you feel any better Volvo4life. The motor you have in your car is a full rebuild with around 12k in it from an 84 244. The engine in my new 264 is completely original and I am already doing a headgasket timing belt seals etc. Never a dull moment with these old bricks.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELVOLVO View Post
Well since you guys are wondering. I am the proud new owner of the 1980 264 that was up in Vermont. Funny story which Volvoist already knows some of and rest is for Volvo4life. It is the exact identical twin to your new 264 (volvo4life). I owned that car for close to 15 years but sold it sadly because the body had gotten a bit to far beyond my control. Not to gloat but this car is flawless body wise except for a replacement front fender. When I saw the car for sale I had to have it. If it makes you feel any better Volvo4life. The motor you have in your car is a full rebuild with around 12k in it from an 84 244. The engine in my new 264 is completely original and I am already doing a headgasket timing belt seals etc. Never a dull moment with these old bricks.
You're really the previous owner? That's awesome! I love the car, i've been steadily fixing some minor things on it like the front brakes and an outer tie rod end. The P/S bracket also cracked but I got it welded and it's good again. The engine runs like a top, I love it. Do you happen to remember how old the timing belt might be and I'm assuming the headgasket is fiber? I think it's so cool that I have one of these cars, and this summer I'm going to fix the rust because IMO it's not that bad yet. Glad another D24 guy got that one from vermont!