D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Parts for sale

Old 04-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Owner/admin

Default 84 760GLE part out

I have for sure decided that I have way too much work in my powertrain to sell the car, however I'm bored with the Volvo and really could use a truck as a daily. I also found some new rusted areas on the car I hadn't noticed before (under it working on the exhaust). Anyway, I'm going to part the car out and swap the drive train into a small pickup, pretty sure its gonna be a Ford Ranger.

I don't have the time to ship little nickle and dime stuff, so I'm only offering stuff I think is worth my time to take off/box/ship. I don't think there is anyone on the board that is local to me, but if so anything is up for grabs if you want to come get it.

Engine/trans/dash is what I'm keeping (I'll need the tach).

So here's the bigger stuff, prices don't include shipping.

Set of 4 Volvo snowflake wheels with 205-65-15 rear and 195-60-15 front (pickup only) $400
G80 limited slip with 3.73 gear set $150
quad headlights/trim bezels/whatever hardware/front turn signals $50 for all of it
set of 7xx series fog lights, one has a cracked lense, mounting hardware included $50
Sunroof motor (I have two) $25 each
Volvo trailer hitch modified by me with 2" reciever (instead of wimpy 1" or whatever it had) $50
Power outside mirrors (both work in all directions) $25 for the set
Later 7xx turbo rear decklid spoiler, dark grey $25 (be warned, its solid urethane so its heavy for shipping)

All interior stuff is up for grabs but it kinda bulky to ship and I don't think any of it is worth enough $$ to make it worth my time to mess with, but pm me with any other stuff you may be looking for.

I haven't got a truck yet, and don't plan to take apart the volvo untill I have the truck, just getting the word out ahead of time.

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 AM

I want the quads mate!! Have been looking for a set now for a couple of months
I'm sending you a PM
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 83 245 D24T

I am interested in the diff if it will bolt in to my 240 axle housing.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdigo View Post
I am interested in the diff if it will bolt in to my 240 axle housing.
Hmm, please keep me noticed if that is possible. I have a 240 limited slip diff laying around. And a 740 with an open diff
Old 04-25-2012, 08:48 AM

The G80 is a drop-in for a 240 or 740 rear axle although you have to swap the ring and pinion over.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Owner/admin

Ya I'm not an expert on what stuff swaps over to a 2xx series. The diff came out of another 7xx series so I knew it would fit my car! Its a hell of an upgrade for sure though.

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

I need the set of foglamps and brackets... my gasser turbo conversion car is missing one side and a spare would be nice to have. Put me down for those and maybe the switch for them too, please. Thanks. :-)

I may need some small bits from your red interior as well... my favorite wagon has the same color combo as yours and many of the interior parts are broken on it. Unfortunately I think a lot of them are not exactly the same between your '84 and my '86... let me know when you are going to start taking it apart and I will see if anything will work.

Will be interested to see what your motor ends up in next... a 2WD Ranger would probably be a flier with a strong running D24T under the hood. Sure would beat the hell out of the old twin-plug gasser 2300 lump most of those came with anyway. Might make a pretty good little tow rig as well, for smaller stuff at least. Probably would do OK with a race car or an aircooled VW behind it...

Right now there is a mid '80s F250 with a big 354 Perkins turbo six swapped in, with a 5-speed.... kind of like a plus size version of what you are talking about. Always nice to see someone putting in a Perkins instead of a Cummins.... at least it is something different. All those Cummins guys have no imagination. :-P

I have to say it looks pretty neat, even to me...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2974275319.html

Sorry to take things off topic.