D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM

Default Intro and Texas Christmas Meet- 12/19/09 Fort Worth Tx

Quick intro- Grew up riding around in a silver with tan interior 1984 245 diesel manual wagon that my parents bought new...had it up until last year when we sold it on e-bay due to my mom no longer being able to drive a manual transmission and having too many cars...VERY mint car- I'm sure some of you have seen it. Anyways. Wanted to also invite y'all to our Volvo Christmas Party here in Texas. Mods- move me the meet section of this thread to wherever you feel is needed.

Thank you,

Nick

Texas Volvo Crew Christmas Party

Saturday December 19, 2009. 11:00am until 5:00pm???

The plan is to meet at my house in East Fort Worth near 820 and I30 (exit Meadowbrook off 820) at around 11:00am and then do a group drive through downtown Fort Worth to Billy Miner's Saloon for a lunch of burgers and beer around noon. There is free parking in Fort Worth on weekends and I know of a good lot where we can all park together. You will need about $10-15 to eat/drink with. Once everyone is done eating we will make a short cruise back with a stop or two for photos (weather permitting) along the way- So bring your camera.

Once we are back at the house we will hang out and drink (I'll have some beer...if you want something specific bring it...if you're a minor you are not drinking). I've got a nice bar/game room with air hockey, foose ball, etc. At some point we will do a gift exchange- you will need a $10-15 Volvo related gift- make sure it is wrapped (you don't HAVE to participate but it would be nice if everyone would).

That's the majority of the plans, if folks want to hang out past 5pm we can always go to dinner and go out for a night time photoshoot. I'm sure a few of us will do this.

I do have some extra space at my house for out of town folks that would like somewhere to stay- just let me know in advance so I can make sure I have enough room. Unlike most meets I have hosted we won't be able to wrench at this meet. I don't have a garage built here yet and only limited tools- so don't plan any repairs other than if your Volvo breaks down in route.

For my address or directions shoot me a PM or e-mail ntosie@hotmail.com

The only thing I ask is- If you're a minor please do not drink at my house. When arriving or leaving please DO NOT SPEED through our neighborhood- seriously this isn't like my parents house out in the country. Oh...and have a good time

I really hope to see some other folks attend than the normal DFW people- $20 for all day entertainment is cheap and I've offered you a place to stay if needed.

Hope to see many of you on the 19th!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Owner/admin

A Volvo Christmas party.... Too bad I'm not a little closer or I would come. Sounds like it should be pretty cool. Kinda far for me to drive though!

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!