D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Items Wanted

Old 11-25-2015, 07:14 AM

Vehicle: 1982 245-GL D6, 1982 244-GL D6
Default Lower Heater Hose

I brought my car to the mechanic last week to locate a coolant leak, which I just couldn't find.

Turns out it was coming from the Lower Heater Hose.
He said I should also replace the hoses around the "T" as well, since they all look to be in the same state.

Anyway, my car is grounded until I can find a spare so any help would be great.

Here is the photo my mechanic took:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-25-2015, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 1986 Volvo 745 TD
Default Coolant hoses for diesel volvo d24 or d24t.

That is a good thing to replace; especially if you had (or still have) fuel or oil leaks that touch(ed) the hoses.

www.fcpeuro.com has the needed hoses for sale. Im sure you know that 200 series diesel volvos had the `d24` engines AND 700series D volvos 99% had the d24-T engines =turbodiesel) Search by the year of your car but if it does not come up, just use any year but same model&engine type.

I built mine from standard coolant hoses and new T joint; but between the engine and the firewall I used a VW Rabbit diesel`s rear heater hose from autozone (very cheap and still available) because that has the proper 90degree angle and the proper inner diameter for easy installation on BOTH sides. I connected that to regular heater hoses and continued building the system. I will post pictures and part numbers if needed.
Get rid of all old hoses if you have a chance. Very important.

I caught mine at the last moment. The T joint was so rotten and rusty (with holes!) that I couldnt believe my eyes. Rubber under the hose clamps was almost non-existent also. Brittle and crispy and rusty and cracked and ugly, rock hard.

And, make sure you use greatest quality (ABA or else) hose clamps.
Beware: Many stainless clamps are still being sold with the shittiest screws/bolts in them! Good ones are not sharp at all and have a curved edge and fully rust-free/stainless. Dont use clamps that cut into the rubber hose as you tighten them.

Great time to replace your thermostat also when you deal with all the hoses. Factory setup is using the 87 Celsius version but you may use the 80C version also. Plus, obviously, flushing the radiator inside and outside lol.

I may find the vw rabbit rear heater hose part number for you but im sure i asked for a 1984 Rabbit part and they took it off the shelf immediately (in case you decide fabricating your own cooling system) Any system works safer than an old and risky system. Standard coolant hoses--- custom-cut, using approximately proper-sized inner diameters, ---work totally fine.
Best of luck and keep us posted about the project.

Last edited by RedArrow; 11-25-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Tags
antifreeze, coolant, d24, diesel, lower heater hose