D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Cars for sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Slobodan
Default Feeler: '79 245DL Turned Turbo DIesel

Life changes are influencing me on this very difficult decision.

I'd like to get 3,500 for it. But before I sell it. there are some issues that I need to address. Like OEM spring back under it. Install a non leaky injector pump, and install OEM turbo. there are a couple more little things to make it nicer.

Its got IPD 25/25mm sway bars, GT strut braces, lower chassis brace. Nice OEM trailer hitch. It has a nice intercooler, Electric fan setup, Flat hoot and grille.
I think I'll be selling it with the 10 spoke Sirius 15" Volvo Wheels.
D24T with M47 trans. 3.54:1 ratio diff with electric speedometer.
Interior not the greatest. Seat are from a '75 164 that only had 80k on them. they are pretty nice. rear seats are pretty rough. I used this thing as a truck for a while.
That rear cargo area is the worse, but should clean up. I've got some so so looking rear paneling to put in it.

The body isn't the greatest. But I think passable for a workhorse of a rig. Early in this cars life there was some passenger side damage resulting in pass side, fender, doors, and rear quarter panels to be replaced. They were painted, and not very well. And over the years a rust hole occured on the C pillar. I filled it in with bondo. so far so good. No leaks that I know of other than the windsheild should be replaced, which would fix the leak at the windshield.
BTW I did replace the pass side, Fender and doors with OEM paint doors and fender, It makes the car look a little better.

If there is any interest or offers let me know. I don't want to see my old friend not get used or be parted out. The engine does run pretty good. And the M47 is in top shape. engine as around 170k on it by now. The body has around 350K. These are estimates. I did do alot of driving with this rig. Had been my daily driver since '06 till about December last year.

Last edited by Slobodan; 05-30-2013 at 09:55 PM.