D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 11-06-2014, 10:58 AM

Default New member from germany

Hello everybody,

my name is Frank, I'm 28yrs old and I live in the north west of Germany (between "Münster" and "Osnabrück"). I bought my '91 Volvo 945 with a D24TIC in January this year as I got addicted to the old-style diesel engines several years ago, when I had a Golf 3 with a quite similar engine, but just having 4 cylinders (75PS 1.9 turbo diesel).
The reason for me to buy a Volvo 940 (or, to be precise, the V90 I got some years ago and still have) was that I liked these cars already when I was a child and a neighbor had a 745, and by that time I just fell in love with the design.
The first things I did to my car was changing the timing belts, renewing the glow plugs and the injection nozzles, because I didn't trust the previous owner to have done any of these things before. Besides I stopped some oil leaks, so the engine is dry by now again.
I found this forum when I was searching for parts for the cruise control, which I want to add to my car, which had almost no extras when I bought it. In fact I'm driving some kilometers per year (roughly 40.000, although I'm sure, many of you will drive even more), and therefor this feature would be quite useful.
This brings me directly to the question I have left by now… I'm still missing the throttle pulley and bracket for the vacuum servo. Do these fit from the 240's D24, or does anybody have another source for these parts? Or, even better, would anybody have these parts in spare and would like to sell them?

In summary, I am very happy to have found this forum and hope to get many information I'm looking for through it, and on the other hand I hope I can provide at least some help if I have any ideas.

So I want to say thanks for activating my account and hope you have a nice day.

best regards
Frank

P.S.: And I hope you are able to understand my English… any corrections are gladly accepted.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:37 AM

welcome hope you like it here ill have a look in my garage