D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Tool Rental

Old 01-31-2011, 03:42 PM

Default Tool Rental Master List

READ FIRST!
Please post tools you have available for rental, the deposit and rental fees, along with where your willing to ship.
If you need to add or delete tools from your list, please edit your post rather than start a new one.
Thanks,
Jason

Added by casioqv on 7/24/2014: Please only post tools you are offering up for rent in this thread, any other posts will be deleted or moved.

This is a list of tools (owned by list members) which they are willing to rent out. Terms of the rental are between the lessor and the lessee. Many of the D24 special tools are extremely expensive or no longer manufactured, and most owners use them only once, or very infrequently. Sharing tools may be the key to keeping many more D24s alive and on the road!

I recommend selling the tool to the lessee (a large deposit greater than full replacement cost) which can be refunded upon un-damaged return of the tool minus shipping charges. You may also wish to add a modest fee to cover normal wear and tear and your time.

Credit for the idea of this rental program goes to the members of the PeachParts Mercedes Forum.

The list:
Tool ............................................... Member ......... Deposit .... Rental Fee
pop tester ......................................... v8volvo ........ ask ........ ask
compression tester ................................. v8volvo ........ ask ........ ask
valve adjustment tools plus a complete shim kit .... v8volvo ........ ask ........ ask
cam sprocket counterhold tool and wrench ........... v8volvo ........ ask ........ ask
Timing tool set .................................... indestruktable . ask ........ ask
Valve shim tools ................................... Volvoist ....... $40 ........ $20

Tool use: Consult the D24 green books and FAQ at k-jet.org.

Adding items: Reply to this thread if you would like a tool added, removed, or information changed. Please add any tools you're not currently using to the list! I will update the master list in this post to reflect tools listed further down, as I have time.

Sending refundable deposits: If a deposit is sent via Paypal, they will refund all transaction fees minus 30 cents if the refund is issued within 60 days (as of 7/24/2014- please double check). If more than 60 days passes, then a large transaction fee will be charged.

Last edited by casioqv; 07-15-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Volvoist

I have the valve shim tools. I do not keep shims (yet) though. Deposit = $40, Rental fee = $20.

Newark/Bear, DE

Selling NEW and USED Volvo parts!

www.swedishbrickyard.com

Email: mike@swedishbrickyard.com
Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Tools available:
9995187 crankshaft counterhold
9995188 wrench extension for crankshaft bolt
9995199 camshaft counterhold
9995201 wrench extension for rear camshaft bolt
Idler pulley puller (homemade)
9995202? cam locking plate
9995200? injection pump sprocket lock pin
Injection pump timing dial indicator, holder, and rod
9995204 injection pump sprocket puller (allows removal of the injection pump separately from the pump bracket)
Valve adjustment tappet depressor and shim pliers
Valve adjustment shim kit -- complete
Injector opening pressure adjustment shim kit
Diesel compression tester kit
Hazet double-ended offset 17mm 12pt line wrench for accessing injector delivery pipe unions

Per the terms above, I will make these available to borrow at no charge, but with a large deposit, $3000-$5000 or more depending on which and how many tools you need. The tools are costly and difficult at best (or impossible at worst) to replace and this ensures they are used with care and returned to me promptly. You pay for shipping in both directions, with full insurance for the declared value of the tools, equal to the deposit amount.

Otherwise, the loan is free, and your deposit is returned in full when I receive the tools back without damage.

Contact me by PM and let me know which tools you need and when.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM

If anyone needs them, I've got the timing tools including the dial, dial adaptor to screw into the pump, and camshaft locking tool. Feel free to add me to the list.

Visit my blog!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:17 AM

I moved all of the off topic posts out of this thread to the 'wish list' thread. Please only post tools you are offering up for rent in this thread, any other posts will be deleted or moved.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:49 AM

Vehicle: 740 turbodiesel

I'm in the UK, and have the following tools:

Tappet/valve adjustment tools and shim set.
Diesel pump timing tools
Camshaft hold and extension for rear camshaft bolt tools
Cambelt tensioning tool

Happy for anyone to come and use them in person for a small fee, or could potentially post if you give me a deposit