D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Help! My car died!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2009, 06:21 PM

Default Not pumping fuel...

Thanks for reading! Its an 84 Volvo 240 Wagon, D24 6 cyl diesel, auto transmission, 150k original miles. It was running great and started up everytime. Smoked a bunch immediately after start up, but would clear up 3 seconds later.

Recently started and moved it to the garage. Replaced the downpipe and nothing else. Sat idle for 10 days. Now it won't start.

Primed from fuel tank to fuel filter. Have been doing air bleeds procedure at all injectors (multiple times) and return line connection. I get BARELY any signs of fuel at the injectors.

Removed the intake line at the fuel filter, dipped the intake into a cup of fuel, and had a friend turn over the engine. Not sucking any fuel whatsoever. Belt, tension and operation look good.

There's a solenoid with a single wire on the driver side of the injection pump. It does get full voltage and click with the key in the "on" position. I assume this is the fuel shutoff ?

There's another solenoid on the passenger side, and towards the top of the injection pump. Its getting battery voltage, but doesn't click etc. What is that thing?

My E30 is sold and being picked up in a day or two. I really need to get this guy running reliable. I have a couple more silly questions...

Is there an electric fuel pump on the tank or underbody?
Is there a fuel pump relay?