D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 PM

GP operator on my car gets its temperature indication from a second temperature indicator, situated at the back again of the go, between the back again cam sprocket and IP sprocket. When turned off it will provide complete shine time everytime key is turned to on place.
cars rent surfers paradise

Last edited by MoeTell; 12-07-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 AM

Default Eco modification for D6

HI Ereryone,

I'm not sure that this is the best topic to write my questions, but I hope that this is the most 'informationful' forum

Let me shortly introduce you. I'm a 37 year old Volvo fun from Hungary.
I have a 1982 244 D6, which engine I rebuilt (not me but my car mechanic for whom I paid). Mahle pistons and quality part to ensure to be able to serve me all life long

Beside it I have an eco hobby: I've been trying to decrease him (Bordeaux) fuel consumption as low as possible OR FURTHER MORE...

At this stage he consumes 4,6litre/100km at steady 80km/h. I would get bellow 4litres at steady 90km/h (presenty it's: 5,2L). All these results with winter tyres.

I have made a few modification on the car and use fuel saving products:
1. PCV jar
2. Very primitive hypnow system (I have to develop it)
3. Direct ('sport') air filter
4. Over inflated tyres (2.5bar)
5. 5w50 engine oil
6. Low viscosity transmission and rear axle oil
7. Front spoiler
8. 11litre fuel tank

I've heard 5 additional ways to reduce fuel consumtion and this is the point where I would like you to help me/give information:

9. Changing to VW 1.6td nozzles or even better the vw 1.9sd nozzles.
10. Delete rear end muffler.
11. Changing the present 3.73 rear axle to 3.31. Here in Hungary 3.31 axle as frequent as the white raven...
12. The other (maybe) possible solution to coupling an additional OD to a 5speed M47 transmission. In this way I would get a 6speed (5+OD) 30 year eco car
13. Modifying slightly the fuel injection time.

Please reflect for these latest 5 modifications whether they are true or not or has anyone had made similar mods before.

Many thanks in advance,

Best wishes,
EccoHomoD6
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to sdturbo

Been awhile since i have been on here, figured the forum was dead. Still using the rover valve body and it seems to work fine. Some funkey shifting here and there but livable. With the fuel turned up and 15psi its acceptable. Slow (will do 85 on flats but it takes awhile and sinks quick on big grades). Im hoping an intercooler will make a nice difference, just have not gotten there yet. In the dirt it is plenty good.

I am focusing my efforts on bumpers and rock sliders at the moment as those seem to be more in need than fwy passing power at the moment. The swap is far from worked out but its quite good for the stage its at. Once all the mods are done I think it should be quite well mannered on the highway and in the rough stuff.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM

cool idea. After i realized that the body on my 1985 was garbage, i looked around for a Range Rover Classic. Realizing i could swap bellhousings on the tranny and drop the engine in. unfortunately/fortunately, i found a cherry 89 760 turbo with a blown engine before I found a non-rusted out RRC for less than $5K. Would love to see some photos of how the engine fits into the bay, and a video if you get a chance.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to sdturbo

Been awhile since I have posted on here (or any other forum for that matter). I have been really busy moving my business to a bigger shop and getting customer projects finished up.

The rover blew a head gasket a few months back and Jesse (Dieselboy) happened upon a appropriately sized compound twin turbo setup for a d24t. I figured while I had it apart for the head gasket I would port the head, install a MLS gasket, add an intercooler, build a 3" turbo back exhaust, and mount up the compound twin turbos.

Here are the pics.

And the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voOZCAdop7s

Driving impressions so far is that its not much different than it was power wise. The biggest difference is that there is a ton of torque just off idle and I think that is going to help my crawling a lot... no more brake boosting to get over the hairy stuff. There is a ton of potential left in it. It was smoking pretty good before and egts were getting a bit out of control on long grades. With the same pump adjustments as the stock turbo it does not smoke at all and stays very cool. Once its a little more shaken down I will crank the fuel up a good deal more.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:21 AM

I messaged you on FB the other day, I'm headed down this path with my DII.

Whats your MPG? Not that it's a direct bearing effect, but I would like to know I'm headed towards 20+.

Buddy of mine towed a spitfire with an NA 245, from Boise to Vancouver WA, and pulled 29, he was an auto tranny as well... I can only dream of that much, but.. we'll see.

And more info on the twin set up, i was actually thinking triples, twins off of a 1.6 tdi say, into something that was Buick 3800, or 4bd1t/4bt in size... thinking a rapid spooling QUIET engine that pulls 25-30 psi pretty easy.