D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Performance and aftermarket

Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 AM

Default Before Boost Fuelling

I've been changing a few things on my pump lately, which has really improved the feel of the car, but I want to know if there is any way I can adjust the amount of smoke produced just before boost kicks in.

What I have changed:

Main fuel screw - screwed in until the collar (not ground off) is bottomed on the lock nut.
- this is the first thing I changed. At this setting, NO smoke was produced on boost (even full throttle), but a puff of smoke was created when pulling away from junctions, and on heavy throttle there was a huge cloud of black smoke just before the turbo spooled up (turbo spools around 2300 but won't reach full 10psi until 2500-2600).

Top "Smoke" Screw - to try and combat the above, I turned this out a few turns. It was sat almost flush with it's lock nut, so I wound it out so there are just over 2 threads showing now.
- the only affect this has had is that there is now less smoke pulling away from junctions under normal throttle conditions (i.e. quarter-half throttle). Doesn't seem to have reduced power, and doesn't seem to have affected the pre-boost death cloud under heavy throttle.

AFC adjustments - as i was still getting no smoke on full boost, I turned the star wheel down 1.5 turns.
- I now get a haze of smoke under full boost (10psi) and the car pulls much better on boost - felt bit lame before.

I haven't changed the position of the fuel pin.

Basically I love the way the car drives now, but I really want to get rid of the pre-boost death cloud. Also I seem to be only getting 27mpg (UK) max, however I drive it.

Car specs:

D24Tic Auto (factory intercooler)
Monark 273 nozzles @ 165 bar
Timing set to 0.95mm (sounds a bit rattly still though, which I thought meant too advanced?)
Standard airbox sucking from wing (cold air)
Cold Start disconnected
MLS 2 notch gasket
Old 09-27-2011, 07:11 AM

Ill get 30MPG with worn engine and autotrans, tdic-engine.
Its just about you need to find correct tunes for both normal fuel screw and fuel "piston" on LDA tower.
You can also grind that piston on LDA tower to get even more fuel on boost, and so
making possible to keep under-boost smoking small.
I have grinded piston on LDA.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:21 AM

Have u got any pics of your grinded LDA?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:29 AM

Nope, dont have any.
I could take pic or two some day from it.