D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Performance and aftermarket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Owner/admin

Default Rebuilt injectors w/ DNOSD 273 tips...

Hey everyone,
just thought I would share my project last night. I finnaly got a set of rebuilt injectors finnished up. I got a set of "GTD" 273 injector tips and set up the injectors at 2,400 psi with the pop tester. The difference is noticeable for sure! Low end off boost power was improved, throttle response is better, and more crisp. The GTD tips are also supposed to be better with higher fueling compaired to the 193 tips. To sort of test this, I turned the full power screw in about a 1/3 of a turn. This is bottomed out on the limiting collar, and is where I had it set this past summer for a while. The difference was night and day! It didn't run anything like this before. I'm pushing 18lbs of boost 1st and 2nd gear and it builts up to 20 in third. (I've still got the auto trans so with the slipping converter it really doesn't load the engine that well). I think with the manual I'll be at 20lbs easily in 1st or second gear, and I haven't even removed the collar off the screw yet!

If your car has some miles on it I would recomend doing the injectors! Compaired to my friend Alex's car, mine ran great (his misses and smokes when cold, mine ran smooth even in single digit temps) and the new injectors still made a big difference!

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!