D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 03-16-2018, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 1996 940 2.4tic
Default 1996 D24tic cambelt kit

Hi guys, i wonder if anyone in the UK can help here, ive tried multiple searches but not turned up anything with regards to parts suppliers

Im in need of a full cambelt kit for my 1996 940
Id like both belts and the tensioner and idler pulleys.
I can get the belts no problem from my local factors but the pulleys are a different matter
Volvo want £150 for the 2 pulleys, im not that well off and really cant afford this outlay right now

There are a few kits come up on google searches, but when contacted all suppliers said nill stock, including the ones listed on ebay.

Has anyone got an aftermarket supplier for these or know of any old stock?

Also if anyone can suggest a suitable timing tool set inc dial indicator, id appreciate it, ive found one on ebay that looks right but always keen to hear from those more experienced

Thanks in advance
Old 03-24-2018, 11:53 AM

Default 940tdi auto 1995

hi i have had this car for 18 years now . i have posed quite a bit on the V.O.C. forum . i shopped around last year and got good deals on the timing belt tensioner and idler fully both were made by original parts supplier the tensioner should be LITENS made in canada . the idler is INA brand thats O.M.E. too
the prices have doubled nearly from what i paid last june i got the tensioner from EURO CAR PARTS on line and used the dicing code still came out at £70 . the tensioner is on ebay £ 40 . i paid £27 last year . i only use a volvo timing belt
but the injection pump i got gates on ebay . . if you are not sorted let me know i will try and help . if your car has not had the water pump changed in 150000 miles change that while every thing is of .if you go for a gates timing belt make sure its 120 teeth not 119 . this was change after 1993 models
Old 03-24-2018, 11:39 PM

Default 940 tdi auto 1995

hi ive sent you a message .
the guide pulley is £ 27.47 INA brand same as volvo genuine part but not in volvo blue box .
Old 03-24-2018, 11:40 PM

Vehicle: 1996 940 2.4tic

Thanks for that, I'll check my messages