D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Diesel Resources > Parts Suppliers

Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Volvoist
Default MLS Head Gaskets and Hepu Water Pumps

As we have recently discovered, 1, 2, or 3-notch MLS (multi layered steel) head gaskets have become non existent from Volvo. No aftermarket suppliers seem to have them in the US. I have located a company that still manufacturers these, but the suppliers that carry them in Europe will not ship to the US. I have a friend in Europe that is able to ship these to me, and I just ordered a few. They are not cheap, unfortunately, but it seems to be the only choice right now as they are not available any other way it seems.

Additionally, I have also been able to locate the correct Hepu water pumps for our D24/D24T engines, as Hepu still makes these. They have been thought to be NLA, but in my research, and conversations with Hepu, they are in fact still available, but I cannot find any at all in the USA, nor anyone willing to have them imported (US suppliers), so again, my friend has helped me with this. They are not cheap, but they are the best aside from the OE pumps, which too, are NLA now.

If anyone needs help with getting these parts, please feel free to contact me at the email address in my signature, and i'll do my best to help!

PS: Thanks Jason and/or George for moving this thread. I somehow posted it in the wrong section, and forgot to message you to move it, so thanks!

Newark/Bear, DE

Selling NEW and USED Volvo parts!

www.swedishbrickyard.com

Email: mike@swedishbrickyard.com
Old 04-26-2012, 08:23 AM

Did you try Engine Parts UK? They do Ajusa MLS headgaskets at a very good price - don't know about US shipping though. might be worthwhile you asking them.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2000t View Post
Did you try Engine Parts UK? They do Ajusa MLS headgaskets at a very good price - don't know about US shipping though. might be worthwhile you asking them.
I was going to mention engine parts UK aswell. I just ordered from them, they could get me the ajusa 3 notch MLS gasket. Belt kit with 2 belts, waterpump, tensioner and a couple of other bits aswell. They do ship outside UK, I know for sure they ship to Norway. But i could not se a problem with sending things to the US for them.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Volvoist

I am going to stick with the ones I am getting. The MLS HG's are actually VW/Audi parts in a different package. They try to cover up (without much success) the VW/Audi stamp and add their own info. I have been using these with good luck. I am ordering as needed.

Newark/Bear, DE

Selling NEW and USED Volvo parts!

www.swedishbrickyard.com

Email: mike@swedishbrickyard.com