D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Items Wanted

Old 04-10-2014, 02:06 AM

Smile 1328491

hi there, I wonder if you may be able to help me please. I am looking for a new or very good second hand throttle pulley (part number 1328491) for my 1995 940 turbo diesel. The problem with my existing throttle pulley is that the little sphere on the underneath that connects to the ball joint is worn and consequently the linkage just drops away. Any help or advice much appreciated, many thanks Andy
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Interesting problem. Does your car have cruise control? And you're sure the worn part is the metal ball, not the plastic socket that clips onto it? Those act directly on each other, and I would be a little surprised if the plastic wore the metal faster than the metal wore the plastic. The throttle and cruise spools on cars w/cruise often do have some problems with wear of the inner bushing against the spindle, but wear of that linkage ball would be a new one.

Unless you can see very clear erosion of the ball, you may want to first try replacing the plastic ends of the linkage rod from the spool to the throttle lever on the IP, which contains that socket -- that is a common part, same as what is used on 4cyl gasser Volvos, so easy to find good used examples. (Or I have several that I would send you free, for the price of postage.)

If that doesn't solve the issue, I have a few good used non-cruise 7/9 throttle spool assys that I can part with, but I suggest trying fresh sockets first.

Where are you located? (Based on what you drive, somewhere overseas -- UK? )

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 AM
Supporting Member

Another thought - As a quick test, you might also try reversing the linkage rod already on your car -- disconnect it at both ends and turn it around, and see if it still falls off with other end of the rod attached to the bottom of the spool. The other end may be worn equally so this might not tell you anything if it doesn't help, but if that does stop it misbehaving then you've found your problem.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: Volvo 965

+1 on what v8volvo said.

As a temporary fix, you could tie it with some copper wire for a time being until you find the part missing, at least that's how we fix things like that, even though it is quite a ghetto/turbobricks thing to do...
Old 04-10-2014, 11:10 AM

hi guys and thanks for your replies, I am based near Oxford in UK.

I have checked out the ball - it seems to be made from brass and is heavily worn away - I initially thought it might be the clip sockets and bought several lefthand thread and righthand thread but to no avail!

The car does not have cruise control.

I currently have some cable ties hooked up to the bar, this seems to be ok unless you use more than 1/2 throttle and then it sticks wide open with obvious danger. We are travelling to France this year pulling a Coleman Trailer Tent and I really need to get a new or very good second hand part.

Interested to know more about the spools you do have or whether the part is still available new in USA, many thanks Andy
Old 04-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Supporting Member

Tasca's site lists it for ~$35 new so at least it is still a valid P/N:
http://tascaparts.com/parts/index.cf...&siteid=213668

However, as I have found several times in the past, this doesn't mean the part actually exists.

You could try calling their parts line, they are usually quite helpful on the phone. Oftentimes lately, even they can't tell ahead of time whether or not the part will actually show up, but they are pretty good about trying to track stuff down if it can be gotten at all. It is pretty rare for us to able to get parts here in the US that can't be had in Europe, so if your dealer can't source you one there, I wouldn't be too optimistic about a US dealer being able to get one, but who knows.

Otherwise, I do have at least one good one that you're welcome to have for whatever it costs to send across the pond... my cars have cruise so they are no use to me!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:42 AM

hi v8volvo, I would be very grateful if you can send me one of your throttle pulleys. I have a paypal account so can send funds, very much obliged Andy
Old 05-04-2014, 12:32 AM

Smile some photos of throttle pulley

please see attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3312.jpg (91.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3310.jpg (95.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3309.jpg (93.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3311.jpg (93.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3313.jpg (94.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-04-2014, 11:39 AM

hello no problem I can send you one, you'll just have to pay the shipping costs
Old 05-13-2014, 01:07 PM

Smile all fixed now!

can you spot the difference?!

many many thanks to George!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DAD THIS ONE IS FOR GEORGE.jpg (90.9 KB, 10 views)