D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: VW D24
Default Greetings from The Toon, UK

Good morning One and All from a wet Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

I have been reading this forum for about two years, since the purchase of a VW LT of 1989. Principally to alleviate the costs of accommodation accrued in the Littl'uns' athletics career,...I love driving it.

There is a lot of the usual rust to deal with still, and a complete rip out and refit needed, but it is still used as a camper, though very basic.

The joys of maintenance so far have been limited to the brakes, clutch and gearshift, the engine only needing a little water, and an oil change. I have all the bits to do the belts and filters, just not the time yet.

Big pictures are here, but here is the van, ambulance originally and then a dog show team bus which went around Europe.

I have done about ten thousand miles already with no 'engine' issues whatsoever and have a TIC from a Volvo in the garage, since last week. I will be running that one soon and prepare it for transplant. Finding somewhere for the IC seems to be the main problem.

It is the one vehicle we have, so work has to be as quick as possible, so having an engine ready and running is a bonus.

Thank you so far for a brilliant forum.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 PM

Vehicle: 85 745, 84Suburban 96Ram

Nice, and good to see it's not doing urban submarine duty.

I've never seen an LT in person, but ambulances always seem to have one of the better option packages.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: VW D24
Thumbs up Happy Christmas to you All

There does not seem to be a 'Snug' or 'Lounge' or Brew Room' or 'Chatroom' type affair on this forum, so this would seem to be a reasonable place to raise a glass to The Holidays, as you American chaps call them.

Otherwise, Happy Christmas, to everyone.

Thank you to the moderator team and the hosts for an excellent, if sometimes sparse, forum.

I cannot see how to insert videos, but Slade and Wizzard said it best.

Now playing....BBCRadio 6Music.....
Old 12-24-2014, 02:21 PM

Vehicle: 85 745, 84Suburban 96Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRB View Post
There does not seem to be a 'Snug' or 'Lounge' or Brew Room' or 'Chatroom' type affair on this forum, so this would seem to be a reasonable place to raise a glass to The Holidays, as you American chaps call them.
I can drink to that
Old 01-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRB View Post
Otherwise, Happy Christmas, to everyone.

Thank you to the moderator team and the hosts for an excellent, if sometimes sparse, forum.
Thanks for the good words, and Happy Holidays.

The contributions of knowledge and time from our many members (from all over the globe!) are what make this site the helpful, information-filled, and smooth-running community that it has become over the past few years.

Thanks to all who have spent time here and added to the discussions (regardless of whether your additions have been in the form of questions or of answers -- they are equally important ), and for the positive, friendly demeanor that makes this site work as well as it does.

Hoping for more of the same in 2015!

-George (v8volvo)

Last edited by v8volvo; 01-05-2015 at 06:56 PM.