D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Member Showroom

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Telekito Telekito is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Galicia
Vehicle: 760 Td Tic & 850 Tdi & v70 D5
Posts: 7
Default My "new" 760 Tic

Hello:

Here is my grandfather´s volvo 760. He won´t drive anymore and I´ll keep the car and restore it.


Some photos:





I replace all fluids, filters, thermostat and front suspension:



I did a flush engine with flush liqui moly and put castrol 10w40


oil filter :


new oil filter:


Coolant



Thermostat:





Steering:


Brakes:





In gearbox (overdrive) liqui moly toptec 1300. Here is low bolt:




Air filter:


Here we´ll put new diesel filter:



Best regards!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Telekito Telekito is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Galicia
Vehicle: 760 Td Tic & 850 Tdi & v70 D5
Posts: 7
Default updates

Fixing lights









Original radio:




Gear lever cover from de jjunkyard:






New stabilizer silentblocks and end-llinks












New pads:



New shocks...

Aquí piezas nuevas vs viejas:


























Now i want tunning a bit the engine with more boost.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2019, 10:18 PM
ngoma ngoma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 743
Default

Very nice, you have a great starting point! Look like your grandfather took good care of it.

Are you planning to run full synthetic motor oil?

What gearbox is it? M90?
__________________
1985 744 gle d24t
1985 745 gle d24t
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2019, 06:01 AM
Telekito Telekito is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Galicia
Vehicle: 760 Td Tic & 850 Tdi & v70 D5
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Very nice, you have a great starting point! Look like your grandfather took good care of it.

Are you planning to run full synthetic motor oil?

What gearbox is it? M90?
Do you recomend me use a 5w40? I use it in my 850 tdi (motul xcess). But in this car I want see if it drink 10w40 first .

Gearbox.... is the 4 manual + overdrive. I'm not sure about the name.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-09-2019, 01:30 PM
ngoma ngoma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekito View Post
Do you recomend me use a 5w40? I use it in my 850 tdi (motul xcess). But in this car I want see if it drink 10w40 first .
Mostly depends on the ambient temperatures in your area and your driving style.
__________________
1985 744 gle d24t
1985 745 gle d24t
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:23 AM
Telekito Telekito is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Galicia
Vehicle: 760 Td Tic & 850 Tdi & v70 D5
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Mostly depends on the ambient temperatures in your area and your driving style.
I don't drive this car daily. Ihave other volvos (volvo 850 tdi normally). But if it will go better with the 5w40 I have no problem wuith that. This was the first oil change "diy". Next year I can try the same motul as the tdi.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:04 AM
ngoma ngoma is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 743
Default

Full synthetic either one would be good. If you driving takes you to extended high temperature high speed runs you might be better off with the 10w-40. Colder temperatures/more cold starts the 5w-40 might serve that better.
__________________
1985 744 gle d24t
1985 745 gle d24t
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:14 PM
v8volvo v8volvo is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Livingston, MT
Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764
Posts: 1,096
Default

Car looks very nice and sounds like you have already done some great work to it.

I like your approach of getting all the maintenance and safety tasks up to date first, then thinking about upgrades second. Much nicer to improve the performance of a car that you know is in good enough condition to endure the added power so that you can enjoy it without worrying. Definitely the right way to do it. Most people do it the opposite way unfortunately!

Do you know the age and mileage of the timing belts? That is one other thing you may want to refresh, unless you know they were already changed recently and correctly.
__________________
86 745 D24T/ZF 340k lifted 2.5"
83 764 D24T/M46 145k
93 Toyota 4x4 pickup 1.9 TDI swapped
01 Audi Allroad 2.0 TDI swap in progress
02 F250 SD 5.4/4R100
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:01 AM
Telekito Telekito is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Galicia
Vehicle: 760 Td Tic & 850 Tdi & v70 D5
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Car looks very nice and sounds like you have already done some great work to it.

I like your approach of getting all the maintenance and safety tasks up to date first, then thinking about upgrades second. Much nicer to improve the performance of a car that you know is in good enough condition to endure the added power so that you can enjoy it without worrying. Definitely the right way to do it. Most people do it the opposite way unfortunately!

Do you know the age and mileage of the timing belts? That is one other thing you may want to refresh, unless you know they were already changed recently and correctly.
Yesterday I went to the Volvo garage where my grandfather did the maintenance and they told me the accesories belts have 4 years and the pump belt has 9 years but looks in good condition. Only 60.000km but near to 10 years... maybe next year I'll must change all belts.

After the volvo garage visit I did a test drive with a friend. I'm hapoy with results. It isn't like my 850 with t_5r coils and koni shocks but it runs well. Overdrive works fine with the new oil. Changes quickly.

After cleaning the admision and exhaust as is possible smokes 1/4 as before. Good results.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Telekito Telekito is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Galicia
Vehicle: 760 Td Tic & 850 Tdi & v70 D5
Posts: 7
Default

Suspension finished:



I must check the gearbox mount now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.