D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Cars for sale

Old 09-28-2016, 04:10 AM

Default FS: 1984 Volvo 244 - Ottawa, Ontario (Cana-duh)

Good day,

Parting with my D24, I don't have enough room in the driveway anymore and this one is the least practical at the moment.

The deets:

400,000km (roughly - you can do the conversion Odo/speedo didn't work when I bought it a couple of years ago, but the previous owner didn't have it long and only used it on his farm. The clock reads at just under 390,000km so I'm estimating it up closer to 400,000km.

I am the third owner, first owner cared for it meticulously, oil sprayed every year etc etc, second owner was a turd and used it as a farm truck basically so it was in need of a lot of TLC when I got it (and still is, at least aesthetically). I've had it since early 2015, February I think.

What's been replaced since I got it (that I can remember off the top of my head):

- both timing belts
- injector pump
- glow plugs/preheating parts
- injectors
- alternator
- battery
- fuel tank
- several hard fuel lines

I'll dig through my receipts later to see what else. Oh, and it's been running synthetic oil since I got it.

The bad is that is has some cosmetic flaws, most notably an aging after market/maybe dealer added sunroof. I have it caulked shut now as it was leaking, but new seals are available for it still. There's also a bit of rust around one of the wheel wells starting up. Oh and the antenna is missing, so the ring around that is rusting a bit too. Other various nicks/wear.

It runs well though, I was using it as my daily driver most of the year until the power steering pump bracket finally cracked. I have that held together with zip ties so it mostly stays in place. Definitely still driveable.

Anyway, thought I'd check here before I tried parting it out. I'd much rather see it go somewhere to continue its life as I'm pretty attached to the little buddy after nursing it back to relative health.

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario but if any of you American folks are interested I can drive it to the Ogdensburg/Prescott border crossing for pickup and will help facilitate whatever bureaucratic paperwork needs to be done.

Pictures forth coming.

$1000 USD
$1500 CAD

OBO

Email: thomasjesq @at@ me dot.dot com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2435.jpg (97.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2437.jpg (96.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Bandit; 10-04-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Adding photos, pricing