D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Technical Discussion Area > Diesel Engine and Drivetrain

Old 03-28-2019, 10:27 AM

hi v8 volvo
a friend helped me with the diagnostic tool in engine bay reading 1-5-2 came up fault right side front wheel open circuit to battery ABS so should i try and swop this part for a new one regards jim take it thats drivers side here in UK!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:34 AM

hi the exact wording in fault diagnostics is -RIGHT FRONT WHEEL . OPEN CIRCUIT OR SHORT CIRCIRT TO BATTERY VOLTAGE the ABS light some times still goes off when cars been running and i restart warm engine if that helps
Old 03-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Thanks for the reply. The connectors you are talking about are for diagnostic communication with the computerized systems of the car (airbag and ABS) and unfortunately have nothing to do with the coolant temperature gauge. It sounds like you may need an ABS speed sensor BUT THAT WILL NOT FIX THE BROKEN TEMPERATURE GAUGE. I suggest you ignore that for now and stay focused on the problem you are trying to diagnose.

The connectors you checked out on the fender well are not the location that was described for testing. Did you read those instructions? Were there any parts that you did not understand or need more description on? If so, ask and we will clarify where you need it.

If you do not follow a deliberate diagnostic process then you will continue getting irrelevant or useless information that will not help you solve the problem. Read instructions carefully, make sure you understand what they are saying, and follow them to the word, and then you will get progress. Print the instructions on paper and have your diagnostic helper also read them if that will help get a clear message.

Try the first troubleshooting step again, in the correct location, then we can move on. Before I put more time into helping you with this I want to first see that our communication process works and you're able to report back accurate information here that we can use to troubleshoot the problem.

The only place you need to disconnect anything for now is at the SENSOR ITSELF, on the cylinder head of the engine. That is where you will do the tests that were explained in the previous post. Let us know what you find.

Are you familiar with Youtube? If I make a video of the steps I suggest you try, would you be able to watch it and repeat what I show you?
Old 03-30-2019, 10:09 AM

hi thanks V8volvo im familiar with you tube and watch car stuff on there if you want to send me a video is it best to send to my email jimlidddy1@gmail.com only a thought , sorry to confuse you i have a ABS light coming on too a different subject that ive mixed up with my tempreture gauge issues that will keep for now regards jim