D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > New Member Introductions

Old 04-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Vehicle: '84 245 d24
Default [[enter witty, funny title here]]

Hello!!

Recently joined & am glad I've found this helpful forum! For years now, I've loved the way the volvo wagons look, all boxy & funky-cool. So, in effort to get a safe, solid, better gas mileage school commuter, I sold my Tundra & dove head first into a 1984 240 wagon. I thought, 'Diesels?! Those things run forever!' Little did I know how challenging it is to find engine parts (specifically an IP). I've been on a rotating 'borrow so-and-so's car' for a few weeks now trying to get my brick road worthy. Anyways, things are lining up now & hopefully we'll be cruising soon. I'm sure ill have a ton of questions, some quite silly to those with d24 knowledge (as I have none), & many repeats. Ill also need certain things spelled out or even graphically supported, lol, but nonetheless, I appreciate any and all input from you lovely forum members. Thanks for letting me be part of the 'family'. I love, love, LOVE, my Volvo.

Last edited by CapnSass; 04-03-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Glad to have you aboard! Lots of D24 folks in Oregon, though most seem to be further north. Your part of the state is a beautiful one. Plenty of hills around there -- you'll have to really get that NA D24 running tip top!

Feel free to ask any questions that come up, and you'll be sure to get many helpful answers. A lot of common topics, like injection timing, timing belt replacement, etc have been discussed in detail previously as well, so reading through older threads is a great source of information as well.

Welcome!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 1987 Volvo 745

Yes parts can be a bear but thankfully this Forum exists. Anders and v8volvo have extensive knowledge of these interesting 6 cyl oil burners as well as other internal combustion air pumps.. and Anders also has a very impressive part/car collection which I have seen first hand. I have dealt with both of them and I am very thankful for their input.

The Volvo with the VW Diesel is rare indeed and a great car to drive! Sometimes I envy the Mercedes Dieselers thinking how carefree it must be to drive one of those Legendary 5 Cyl machines but at the same time I think they wish they had a Volvo Diesel as the performance and sound of the overgrown rabbit engine is very pleasing....

Welcome to the Forum!