D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Forum Info > Forum News / Comments and Suggestions

Old 09-29-2017, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: Volvo 740 Estate D24t
Question Forum Participation

exactly the title.

I love d24t.com but all photobucket pics are dead and there aren't a lot of users online on this forum.

what's going on ?

why is it going dead? Can someone explain this to me and maybe to the mods/admins so there can be done something about it.

would be nice, this site is the best d24 information source on the internet, don't let future d24t drivers down
Old 09-29-2017, 06:33 PM
Supporting Member

I'm not sure why it's so dead now, there was a lot more action years ago. I think most are on Facebook D24T group. I'm a "member" there but I like the forum format so much more..
Shipments done on fridays!

1982 242 D24+T/M46- Super pumped! Build thread:
http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1545
1984 764 D24T/ZF build thread: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1734
Diesel parts cars: 82 244,83 244, 84 244, 84 245, 85 745
Old 09-29-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anders View Post
I'm not sure why it's so dead now, there was a lot more action years ago. I think most are on Facebook D24T group. I'm a "member" there but I like the forum format so much more..
same here, I don't really like Facebook.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:52 PM
Supporting Member

Brekizer what would you like to see more of on the forum? Requests for problem solving? Showing projects and improvements? More marketplace? How-tos?

Trying to find out where we might direct our efforts.

I too was a victim of photobucket terms change, now searching for a suitable replacement but looks like it will require a lot of tedious work no matter what.

Currently my 745 is out of action. Snapped a headbolt trying to remove the head for a headgasket change. Maybe I'll start a thread to see what suggestions you all have.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoma View Post
Brekizer what would you like to see more of on the forum? Requests for problem solving? Showing projects and improvements? More marketplace? How-tos?

Trying to find out where we might direct our efforts.

I too was a victim of photobucket terms change, now searching for a suitable replacement but looks like it will require a lot of tedious work no matter what.

Currently my 745 is out of action. Snapped a headbolt trying to remove the head for a headgasket change. Maybe I'll start a thread to see what suggestions you all have.

Basically everything, this whole forum is one of the better oldschool style forums I know, and now nothings happening anymore.

I do think if the photobucket issue is fixed then things people will come back on the forum more (everybody loves pics)

And offcourse the howto's, you join a forum in search for knowledge
Old 10-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Part of the problem is that the registration process for new users has been slow as a result of a forum software flaw in recent months. That may have reduced the number of new members joining and starting discussions. This was recently fixed with a software update. More new members may help activity on the site.

Fortunately, many of the long-time forum members that have shared large amounts of knowledge are still around and participating frequently. The forum is indeed an excellent reference due to the info folks have added in the past that is still accessible, and I think there will continue to be activity and valuable information shared as time goes on. The site is not going anywhere.

If anyone has any changes to suggest to improve the site, please feel free to contact an admin anytime. Additionally, it always helps keep the discussion going if experienced members start threads of their own to update the status of their projects or share new information or experiences.

Unfortunately the picture hosting problem is one that we can't solve since it has to do with an external host. The forum does have a built-in photo hosting option that members may want to consider using in the future as a way to avoid this type of problem.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8volvo View Post
Part of the problem is that the registration process for new users has been slow as a result of a forum software flaw in recent months. That may have reduced the number of new members joining and starting discussions. This was recently fixed with a software update. More new members may help activity on the site.

Fortunately, many of the long-time forum members that have shared large amounts of knowledge are still around and participating frequently. The forum is indeed an excellent reference due to the info folks have added in the past that is still accessible, and I think there will continue to be activity and valuable information shared as time goes on. The site is not going anywhere.

If anyone has any changes to suggest to improve the site, please feel free to contact an admin anytime. Additionally, it always helps keep the discussion going if experienced members start threads of their own to update the status of their projects or share new information or experiences.

Unfortunately the picture hosting problem is one that we can't solve since it has to do with an external host. The forum does have a built-in photo hosting option that members may want to consider using in the future as a way to avoid this type of problem.
I know, about the photos being offline,
With mentioning that I hoped that some users would re-upload the pics.

Curious to see an update !
Old 10-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekizer View Post
...I hoped that some users would re-upload the pics.
Not that easy. I started to do that with my posting on front crossmember cracks and ran into the 5 attatchments per post limit. Still trying to find a workaround but still very time consuming.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekizer View Post
exactly the title.

I love d24t.com but all photobucket pics are dead and there aren't a lot of users online on this forum.

what's going on ?

why is it going dead? Can someone explain this to me and maybe to the mods/admins so there can be done something about it.

would be nice, this site is the best d24 information source on the Internet, don't let future d24t drivers down

I was going to a write up on a head re-build i'm currently doing on my 940, but given the few visitors etc it's perhaps not worth it, however perhaps the remaining band of folks who still stop by here could help with a little issue....during dismantling of aforementioned cylinder head, I decided for ease of access/disassembly, to cut the glowplug copper busbar at plugs 5/6 I thought i could easily replace or make a new one etc, I went with the latter and have made some up with some 8AWG single copper core marine grade cable, however I can't for the life of me recall how it connected up previously beyond plug 6, and have managed to misplace the copper bar that came off. I see thin(ish) cable at the rear of the block with a female end spade connector, I assume the busbar somehow would have attached to this, albeit I don't seem to remember disconnecting this, also does the bar somehow engage the temp sensor at the rear of the head....any help appreciated, or in the unlikely event that someone may have a photo of this even better, Cheers.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:44 AM
Supporting Member

Would a photo of the rear bussbar help? It DOES NOT connect to the temp sensor.

Suggest you start a new thread in section Diesel Engine and Drivetrain. Better than having this specific technical discussion hiding in a forum comments/suggestions thread.