D24T.com  

Go Back   D24T.com > Classifieds > Cars for sale

Old 01-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: 1985 744 w/ D24T, 1986 745 w/ D24T
Default 1982 240GL w/ D24 & M46 for sale

I have a 1982 Volvo 240 GL diesel sedan that I'm selling (already have 2 other Volvo diesels that I want to focus on). Relevant details: The car was bought in 1991 from its original owner with 98K on it, and the car now has 377K on it. Original dark green paint. Recently installed a mint condition hood (hood is black color) to replace the original hood which had stone chips and rust pockets at the very front. Car has trailer hitch, trailer lighting connector, and IPD sway bars installed. IPD polyurethane bushings installed up front, on rear of trailing arms, and on the panhard rod. Didn't get arount to installing poly bushings for the torque rods and front of trailing arms - I have these pieces and they are included in the sale. IPD stainless steel brake flex lines installed on car. Heater fan motor and ignition switch were recently replaced with IPD parts. Heater control valve was replaced with updated style valve from Scantech. Front shocks, strut mounts, and left and right tie rods and ball joints were replaced in '08. A/C has been converted to R-134a. Engine rebuilt at 272K miles (full rebuild including rebuilt injection pump), have used Rotella synthetic 5W-40 exclusively. M46 transmission and overdrive work well. Extra parts, including spare (used) radiator, spare (used) alternator, package of 7 oil filters, new clutch cable, and under-bumper metal plate and bracketry (removed for trailer hitch installation) are included in the sale. All maintenance records included with the sale. Body of car is basicallly sound, but car has some rust in the usual areas - behind rear mudflaps, on the right inner fender, and right rocker panel. Asking $1000. Car is located in Maryland , ~25 miles from Washington , DC . Bike rack shown in photos is not being sold with the car.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 PM

Are you entertaining trade offers?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Supporting Member

Vehicle: '86 745, '83 764

Surprised you haven't had any bites at $1k. Send it out here to Seattle, someone will snap it up tomorrow for $2500....
Old 02-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Owner/admin

Ya even with the mileage thats too cheap with a full rebuild on the engine. Why don't you throw it on ebay. The last 2xx series wagon I saw sold for over 4 grand! It was pretty mint and had 89k miles on it, but it was a '82 wagon!! Four thousand bucks is alot of money!! I bet you could do better than 1k for it easily.

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Owner/admin

Good luck with the sale... I really think you will have better luck on ebay. I sell quite a few cars and it always seems they either sell on one or the other. If I don't have any luck on craigs list Ebay always seems to get it sold. Pretty big buyer potential with ebay.

Thanks, I'm enjoying the site quite a bit myself!

Jason

Back again with a '84 760 GLE D24T/ZF

SOLD but not forgotten! 1984
760 Sedan, built D24Tic/ T-5 swapped

My engine build: http://www.d24t.com/showthread.php?t...t=engine+build
T-5 swap: http://d24t.com/showthread.php?399-W...to-quot-w-pics!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Two Stroke View Post
Jason, thanks for the advice on selling the car. I advertised it for $2,000 on Craigslist, and sold it to young guy for $1800. Given the rust, I think it was a decent sale price, although I don't think this kid is much of a Volvo preservationist, so I have a feeling the car may not be too well cared for. The car really needs new body panels welded in to make it right - the rockers are starting to rust badly, and the inner/outer fenders are rusting where they join. Mechanically, it's a decent car, but if someone doesn't do something about the rust, the car won't be long for this world. I'm sticking with 740 diesels from now on - have two of 'em and now will have more time to work on them.
Hi Tom, I bought your car.

Considering you haggled me up to over a grand more then you were asking for it here, do you think you could maybe just help me get it street legal?

and FYI, i do have a hobart mig welder, and i do plan on taking care of the rust as well as the crack in the rear bumper asap.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Two Stroke View Post
Jason, thanks for the advice on selling the car. I advertised it for $2,000 on Craigslist, and sold it to young guy for $1800. Given the rust, I think it was a decent sale price, although I don't think this kid is much of a Volvo preservationist, so I have a feeling the car may not be too well cared for. The car really needs new body panels welded in to make it right - the rockers are starting to rust badly, and the inner/outer fenders are rusting where they join. Mechanically, it's a decent car, but if someone doesn't do something about the rust, the car won't be long for this world. I'm sticking with 740 diesels from now on - have two of 'em and now will have more time to work on them.

i believe you told me that i wouldn't need to do any work until the timing belt went in about 35000 miles. i really hope you can at least help me get the car legal Tom. You didn't say anything about the rockers rusting badly to me either.