View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 09:10 PM

Just a quick update on the car.

The brakes have been quite a pain in the ass. The rear caliper pistons were seized so I decided to replace both of them. The rear is all good. I was going to drive it home from my brothers house and got about 2 miles away and the RF caliper was sticky which caused the rotor to glow bright red, boil the brake fluid and lose all brakes. It finally cooled off and was driveable back to my brothers house after an hour.
We checked the calipers out and noticed the rubber dust boots on the pistons were all chewed up so I decided to buy all new rotors, pads and caliper piston seals.
Got the rotors and pads from Volvo of Fife this week, and the seals finally came into Napa today after 2 weeks of having to special order them from Chicago.

I have IPD's full braided brake line kit also to install. I don't think I will be able to get it all done tomorrow because I also have 3 kids to watch over but I hope to get a HUGE chunk of it done.

I am going to flush all the old brake fluid out and add new ATE blue brake fluid. With that being said is there any advice that I need to know before bleeding the brakes.
I have the motive power brake bleeder so I am hoping that will make things go smoothly. Is there a special order or is it just the standard RR,LR,RF,LF?

Thanks and I hope to put up some pictures soon. Is there any specific pictures that ya'll want to see of the swap?